Home Buying in Goose Creek>Question Details

Cathy Schrock…, Home Buyer in Akron, OH

I currently live in Ohio and am considering a move to the Summerville/Goose Creek area.

Asked by Cathy Schrock Cooke, Akron, OH Sat Apr 7, 2012

I currently live in Ohio and am considering a move to the Summerville/Goose Creek area. We want to get a VA lloan and get pre-approval before we come down to look at houses. Will a lender that we contact in Ohio work with us on a home in SC? What would be our best option?

Help the community by answering this question:


Like Real Estate Agents, Mortgage Advisors are licensed for the state that they work in. You can begin working with a representative in your current state but it would inevitably need to be transferred to a licensed representative here in South Carolina. Go ahead and start working with your representative there, if nothing else he/she can get you preapproved and you'll have one less thing to worry about. I hope that answers your question. Please give me a call at (843)789-9860 so I can answer any other questions you might have! Thanks Cathy! Have a great day!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
Yes they will. I have several outstanding loan companies I work with. I would be glad to get them in contact with you. If you will contact me at kathleenemde@yahoo.com with the best way to reach you I can help you get that going? If you would tell me what you are looking for I could help you get started on your house hunt.

Kathy Emde
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
We welcome you to the south and Goose Creek or Summerville, whichever area you choose to live in. As long as your lender is approved to do loans for South Carolina you may use someone in Ohio. I work with many great lenders here in Summerville and Goose Creek who will also work with you while you prepare to make the move. Good Luck and please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Teri Ferrao
Carolina One Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
Summerville is a great place to live! I myself relocated from Goose Creek to Summerville and love it! Getting pre-approved is your first step and while the lender in Ohio most likely could help out, most people find it more comfortable dealing with a local reputable lender. You get face to face one on one attention rather than dealing over the phone mon-fri. I can refer a fantastic lender who has been doing VA loans for 20+ years. Her name is Julia Chism and she is with Shelter Mortgage. Her phone number is (843) 330-7575 and you can apply directly on her website http://www.lowcountrymortgages.com. I'd love the opportunity to earn you business and help you find a great home in the Summerville area. Let me know if I can help you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
Hi Cathy!

If you have a Preferred Lender in Ohio..... that has a Mortgage License in South Carolina..... they should be willing to work with you. HOWEVER..... My recommendation is to work with a Real Estate/Mortgage team in the Summerville/Goose Creek area.

It makes for better communication and team work between all the necessary entities to identify, contract and close your Lowcountry Home.

If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Have A Healthy, Safe and Enjoyable Holiday Weekend!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer