I currently don't work because i was married and my husband worked as a contractor overseas. I am now divorced and will be moving to Shreveport.

Asked by Newtotrulia, Shreveport, LA Wed Feb 29, 2012

I will get a job when I get settled in. I have an excellent credit score and a large down payment for a house. Will a bank finance me with no job?

Answers

4
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
no!

You need 2 year work / tax return history
Adam Lytle, Agent, Bossier City, LA
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Perhaps. It's hard to answer this without having more specific information in regards to price range, down payment, etc. You more than likely won't have the ability to get a standard Fannie Mae backed loan without some type of consistent income however you could probably get some type of commerical financing from a small local bank that would hold your loan in-house. The terms of a loan like that would generally be a 30-year amortized, fixed-rate mortgage with a balloon payment in 5 years. The interest rate tends to be a couple of points higher than the prevailing rate so as soon as you had consistent income then a refi to a fannie mae-backed loan would be in order. If you want to ask me further questions, feel free to zip me an email to adam@teamlytle.com or contact me on my cell at 318.773.0063.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlytle.com/
Lauren West, Agent, Shreveport, LA
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Hi! I would be happy to visit with you about buying a home in Shreveport! It would also be my pleasure to connect you with a lender who can walk you through the process of purchasing a home. Your great credit and considerable downpayment are a huge plus!
Feel free to give me a call, text or email at your convenience! I look forward to hearing from you! I can help you make this transition a fun process and take away the typical stresses of buying a home by supplying you with plenty of information to make the best decision possible.

Talk to you soon!

Lauren West, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Northwest Louisiana
714 N Ashley Ridge Loop
Shreveport, LA 71106
Office: 318-213-1555
Email: laurenwest@kw.com
Each office independently owned and opporated
Jenny Dawson, Agent, Shreveport, LA
Wed Feb 29, 2012
Contact me tomorrow at 318-344-5355 and I will put you in contact with someone who can help you
Web Reference:  http://Sbcrelocation.com