I bought a 1998 short sale moble home and then bought the land it was setting on from another person can I get the tax credit for first home owners

Asked by Rstow, Sampson County, NC Tue Feb 2, 2010

on both if I paid cash for them

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Brenda Scott, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Tue Feb 2, 2010
I believe you can as long as the property is your homestead property even if you paid cash, given that you fit the guidelines of who can claim the tax credit.. You would have to claim (both) as one property.

Instructions on how to claim and who can claim the credit http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i5405.pdf also, here is the actual form you need to send in with the HUD one provided at closing http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f5405.pdf
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Sampson County

Email me when…

Learn more