I bought a property a few months ago. Yet the pictures of the home still are visible to the public. How can I get these pictures removed?

Asked by gv9008, Fresno, CA Mon Nov 11, 2013

Answers

1
Trevolyn Hai…, Agent, Highland, CA
Mon Nov 11, 2013
Like everything else on the internet: once it is out there, it is out there. So even if you managed to get them removed from one site, it is unlikely you would be able to completely remove them from all the other sites that had picked up the pictures or property description. Many multiple listing services also have rules against removing data (including pic.s) from the listing since the info will be used for comparison/valuation of other transactions and they want as much integrity for that purpose as possible. Other reasons you may have a hard time with the removal is the seller was the one to approve the use of the pictures when he or she agreed to listing the property and you were not a party to that transaction and like most pictures the rights to them usually belong to the photographer.

On the bright side, very few people will be interested in looking at the pictures of your home now that it has sold and as time goes by that number will continue to dwindle.