I bought a house through a short sale who sold it to an entity whom I bought it immediatly there after. I

Asked by Jim, Connecticut Sun Aug 10, 2008

have the deed clear of liens. except, the prior owner (forclosed owner/short seller) has produced a 2 year lease which was never disclosed at closing. Attorney wasn't aware of it and I have tile insurance. Now, this person is living there..place is vacant however, she produced this made up lease to police, bla bla bla, bobs your uncle, etc..WHAT NOW!!!

Answers

2
Dan Ross, Agent, Southington, CT
Sun Aug 10, 2008
You say that the place is vacant, but the person is living there...which is it? If it is vacant, then I think you are in a better position, but either way you should get a VERY good real estate lawyer to help as quickly as possible (before someone moves in).
Title insurance is not relevant here because title is not at issue, possession is.
If you need a reference for a lawyer, I have a great one that I use myself as well as recommending him to my clients. Contact me if you would like his name.
Web Reference:  http://www.danrossre.com
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Sounds far fetched and you since you are not aware I would fight it. Is the lease notarized?