I bought a foreclosure with a buddy located in Genesee County Michigan and now I am buying him out. We agreed

Asked by Mike, Linden, NJ Tue May 27, 2008

to a price and we plan on meeting at his bank to exchange funds and pay off his mortgage for his half. I paid cash for my half. We plan on filling out a quitclaim deed and deliver it to the appropiate place (Assuming, reg. of deeds). Is there anything else we're suppose to do? We're trying to do this on our own to save money.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


smith3gary’s answer
smith3gary, Agent, White Lake, MI
Wed May 28, 2008
Mike, One way or another a Title Company will be involved. I agree with Missy, it may only take a quit claim deed but a Title Company could prevent having a blemish on the Title when it's time to sell.

Using your current Title might get you a discount. I would call to verify and shop around. Hope the home turned out nice.
0 votes
Missy Caulk, Agent, Saline, MI
Tue May 27, 2008
I would use a title company or an attorney to make sure it is recorded properly. I know you want to save money but this needs to be filled out properly with correct language and recorded.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Linden Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more