I and my wife are currently in the Army and we are first time buyers. We have a VA elgibility form what do we do next?

Asked by Kenny32lewis, Waynesboro, PA Mon May 10, 2010

Answers

9
lowdrags66, Home Buyer, Waynesboro, PA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Its not I and my wife.... It's my wife and I.

A-in't
R-eally
M-arines
Y-et
Tina Long, Agent, Waynesboro, PA
Wed May 19, 2010
Kenny, The next step would be to interview agents to see who you would like to work with you as a Buyer Agent . You need someone you trust with your major investment I would be glad to interview with you. Tina Long 717-377-8164
Web Reference:  http://tinalong.com
Mar Nygard, , Waynesboro, PA
Mon May 10, 2010
Kenny, you would find a good agent to represent you as buyer's, to walk you through the home buying process. It is important that you as a buyer have an agent to look out for your best interest. I would be happy to help if you do not have one in mind. My cell # is 717-300-0395 Mar Nygard
Susan Ackerm…, Agent, Chambersburg, PA
Mon May 10, 2010
I will be happy to walk you through the entire home buying process and give you the names of Lenders who I know specialize in VA loans. I sit down with all new buyers and counsel them in all aspects of the home buying process, including the loan process and would be happy to help you. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone. My cell is 717-816-2343
Web Reference:  http://susanackerman.com
Harold Burkh…, Agent, Greencastle, PA
Mon May 10, 2010
When you get mortgage pre-approval give me a call. I work with both VA buyers and first time buyers. BTW if you have been overseas for more than 90 days in the past year you may still qualify for the $8000 first time home buyer credit.
Edward A. Br…, , Waynesboro, PA
Mon May 10, 2010
Find a good lender and go through the pre-qual. This will let you know what price range to look in. I can help you with everything. Email me at ed.brown@jgr.com I will be glad to assist you, and answer all your questions.
, ,
Mon May 10, 2010
Hi Kenny,

Your next step is to "shop around" for a lender.

Once you've found a lender that you're comfortable with you'll submit documentation to get pre-approved for the loan.

Now you're ready to start the real fun and that's shopping for a new home.
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Mon May 10, 2010
Get with a local lender (stay away from the big banks, online lenders, etc) or credit union who can do VA loan guaranteed loans (most can nowadays). They did not have as many problems with the lending crisis and their rules haven't tightened up too much. Have the lender pre approve you for a loan. Make sure you have the funds for a typical closing and inspections, etc.

Then you can start hunting for homes. Work with one agent who will help you through the process. Don't contact every listing agent who's property you want to see. You have a right to be properly represented by a professional and going to the listing agent of the property you are interested in can't properly represent you for that property.

Good luck and thank you and your wife for your service.

Terrence Charest
, ,
Mon May 10, 2010
Hello Kenny,

Call me at 215 674 9059 and we will get you pre-approved.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc