I am 19 yr old, I am a mother of one and looking to buy a house. I have a good credit score and monthly income, I pay everything on time. Suggestions?

Asked by Lflem92, San Antonio, TX Fri Feb 17, 2012

I've always had plans for my life since I was 8 years old and I'm very mature & responsible. My rent is paid every month on time and my electricity bill is paid a week or two in advance. Is there any hope for me and people like me in my situation?

Answers

20
Donna Romero, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Sounds like you are ready to get started. Your first step in home buying is to meet with a Lender and then the fun really begins.

Call me if you need some assistance with Lenders, get someone you can meet with personally, locally, you want to be able to put your hands on them if there is a problem.

Donna Romero
210-508-7673
Tamika Goree, Agent, Arlingon, TX
Tue Feb 21, 2012
Contact a loan officer. He/She will be able to get you pre-approved and let you know how much of a home you qualify for. Good Luck!

Make it a Blessed Day!

Tamika A. Goree
Direct: 972.697.1178
Email: tamika.goree@live.com
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Feb 20, 2012
Definitely speak with a trusted mortgage broker or lender who will take a look at your situation with you so you can see all your options and understand the pros and cons of each one. From there you need to decide what type of payment you are comfortable with. That may not necessarily the maximum amount you are approved for as by your level of maturity I am sure you are already aware of.

After that is out of the way you can start looking for homes that are in your price range. Take your time. interest rates will be low for a while so there is no rush. Take your time and find your "dream" house.

Best of luck to you!

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Hope for anyone who wants to purchase a home. Recommend to contact a mortgage broker for loan approval is the 1st step !

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Erik Saenger…, , San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
We have owner Financing Available. Call Erik (210) 439-4471 and visit our website to see our current inventory at http://www.alamohomesource.com.
Connie and Ed…, Agent, SAN ANTONIO, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Good morning Lflem92!

WOW...someone taught you well!!! You should be very proud!!

FIRST thing to do is get pre-qualified. I have a couple of awesome lenders I work with that could get you started! Then...the fun part!!! Looking at houses and deciding on your best fit!!!

Call me when you are ready to start!!

Only the best,
Connie Riddle
Keller Williams
210-326-8838
Susan Casas, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Congratulations! My client was 19 also, we closed her last week. I have an awesome lender with whom I work with, I send everyone to her including Agents looking for a great lender. Let me know if I can help you.
Call anytime. Thank you for reading.

Susan Casas
210-835-6696
Albert Elhage, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
It sounds likle you are ont he right track. Depending on your source and stability of income you should not have a problem. It is best that you connect with a local Mortgage officer. He/She will have a wealth of information that will help you.
Joseph Keres…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Give me a call so I can help you out, 210-872-6003.

Shop around for a good realtor who you can work well with.
Web Reference:  http://www.gohomesa.com
Tabitha King, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
You have done a great job and I commend you for it!
If I can help answer any questions on the buying process, please let me know. I LOVE first time homebuyers!
You can email, call or text me,

Tabitha
414-4255
Web Reference:  http://www.kingrealtors.com
Barbara Coker, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
As a licensed mortgage loan officer of 29 years, I applaud you for your fiscal maturity. You are certainly able to prequalify for a mortgage, depending on your source and stability of income. We'll spend alot of time discussing your goals and needs before deciding on the best mortgage type for you.

Then you tell me the amount of payment you'll feel comfortable with, and your goal for cash investment into the home. Most first time buyers use FHA or USDA 100% financing because they aren't prepared for a larger down payment. Sellers are allowed to contribute to most, if not all, of your closing costs and prepaids insurance and taxes.

It's easier than you think! You can reach me at 210-842-4815 or barbara@thecokerteam for a personal visit. I don't keep "bankers hours," so we can meet after work or over the weekends.

Good luck with your first home!

Barbara Coker
NMLS# 228545
Web Reference:  http://www.thecokerteam.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Your first step should be to meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you at no cost. Without this step anyone is just guessing. After being quailified you can than hire a buyer broke rto assist you through your purchase
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Jose Novelo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Very well. First things first. Get a approval from an experienced lender, it may be your bank or credit union, then get in touch with an experienced Realtor and , Bingo! you are on your way to Home. If you need more info, please let me know.
Congratulations.
Jose Novelo
Cleve Wilson, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Sounds like you are living the dream. Homeownership is one of those epoch moments in life that allow you to make your most profitable investment and you get to live in it while you are making your deposits. The first home I bought in the 1970’s, through an experienced Realtor’s guidance, allowed me to basically live in a home for four years for free. When I sold it I earned all of the money I paid in rent for four years back in profit. How cool is that. I have never been afraid of buying homes again.

The key here is to find yourself an experienced local Realtor and let them lead you through the process. A good one will have a plan that makes sense and will have a team of professional lenders to help you find the best financial program for your situation. An experienced agent has done this many dozens of times for first time buyers. You can reach me direct at 210-393-8835. My hours are 9 to 9 daily.

I would love to talk to you about what I can offer you in San Antonio. I have lived here for over 50 years and raised a family here. I will also cover the cost of home inspection for first time buyers.

Have fun,

Cleve Wilson
Jim McCowan, Agent, Arlington, VA
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Your first step will be to sit down with some lenders to find out excatly what you can afford and what your options are.
Scott Hulen, , 64068
Fri Feb 17, 2012
You are doing a great job starting out! There is hope for you to have the dream of home ownership the first thing I recommend you do is go to the library or purchase the book “The Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey. Read this book it will give you many answers to life’s questions about financial responsibility and how to go about purchasing a home so you don’t bite off more than you can chew. This book is not necessarily loved by realtors® or mortgage brokers since it recommends much lower ratios then what you will probably qualify for and encourages you to always have cash reserves for a safety net. Read the book then if you have interest go to finical peace university in your area, these classes are usually held at a church, local college or community center. At these functions you might meet or you will at least receive a recommendation for a Realtor® with the same values & principles Dave teaches. Good Luck!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Yours is "The American Dream...." The housing market melt down has created opportunity in terms of value for all buyers. Early on in the housing market correction, bank loan qualifications for mortgages were very restrictive and difficult making it difficult for people with the best credit to obtain loans. Although there has been a tightening of qualifications, the banking industry is making loans to qualified borrowers.

Our recommendation, is to not put your dream on hold but to explore the opportunity. Begin by consulting with several loan officers to determine if you can qualify and what amount, programs and rates will meet your needs. Once this is done, you will have a clearer appreciation for what course you need to plan to fulfill your dream.

Bob & Nancy…, Agent, LAGRANGE, GA
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Bravo for your genuine efforts in establishing your credit and making plans to buy your first home for you and your child. That is wonderful!! Your first step would be to find a lender to assist you in becoming prequalified. I wish I was licensed and living in San Antonio to help you. But finding a Realtor to take you under their wing and helping you to find the home of your dreams is also an important first step. Best of luck and happiness to you! I have a feeling that you will be finding your home soon. Warmest regards!
Sherrell L.…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Lfem92,
Congratulations on be so conscientious and focused! Your opportunity to become a first time homebuyer at this stage of your life and career sounds very promising. I'll be happy to put you in touch right away with one of the best lenders who works with first time homebuyers to work with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at my e-mail address: teamrussell@kw.com or by phone at 210-414-8583 so that we can get started right away--interest rates are still good! I look forward to working with you!
Christine Ge…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Feb 17, 2012
There is absolutely hope for you to be a homeowner. Your first step is to get pre-qualified to purchase a home based on your credit and income and debts. Then you need an agent that specializes in working with first time home buyers. I can help. You can call me at 210-316-0227 or email me at chrisg.realtor@gmail.com. I'd be happy to walk you through the process.
Web Reference:  http://ILoveSAhomes.com