Kaitlin2110, Home Buyer in

I am wanting to know if i am able to buy a home.

Asked by Kaitlin2110, Thu Jan 2, 2014

Awhile ago i contacted a lender, midi score was 619 and was qualified for 70,000 i decided to keep working on my credit, recently called the lender again, my score had gone down to 595 because of one new thing on my report, i was fortunately able to get rid of that plus another negative thing on my report, i have a lot of good standing things with of bad two standings, i am wanting to check my score again but i do not want to keep pulling my credit because i am afraid of hurting my credit, can i do this without hurting my credit? I would like to buy something late January early February if possible.

Answers

7
Lesa Mcdonald, Agent, Bethany, OK
Mon Jan 13, 2014
Hi Kaitlin,
Have you chosen a lender yet? If you pick one to start working with, they can guide you through the steps to get you ready as fast as possible. I'd be happy to recommend some good lenders! Call or text me at 405-420-4518 with any questions!
Lesa
Michael Leddy, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Sun Jan 5, 2014
Multiple credit inquiries do show up as a negative when a lender pulls your credit score.
Keep in mind that once you charge over 30% on a Credit Card you score will go down.
I direct my clients to Kevin Foster at TRW: TRWcreditservices.com 405-875-1047
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Call the lender back and explain your thoughts and that lender will know best.
Dawson Staff…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hello Kaitlyn, My suggestion is to find a Lender that will partner with you while repairing your credit so they can send you updates as they become available as well as give you tips to actively build your credit and insure you don't do anything that could potentially lower your score. Correcting credit on your own can be tricky. we refer our buyers to Bill Thompson with Red Rock lending. He is very thorough in explaining what you need to do and why. Give him a call at 405.517.6968 and let him know that Dawson and Andrea from Keller Williams sent you.
Thanks alot!
Flag Thu Jan 2, 2014
Andi Bytyqi, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Edmond, OK
Thu Jan 2, 2014
You can pull your credit from all 3 repositories online at http://www.Transunion.com, this type of credit pull does not hurt your credit score. You can sign up for their credit monitoring for a 30 day free trial. However, to get all three scores you probably have to pay the first month.
Patrick Shau…, Home Owner, San Francisco, CA
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Checking your credit score does not hurt your credit. What does "hurt" your score is opening too many accounts at one time, having large balances relative to your credit limit . . . , you know all these, nothing new.

Go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com, the only true free site to obtain your credit report (no scores though!). This site was mandated some years ago by the FTC as truly free, no cc is required, no sign-ups etc. You can obtain a credit bureau report from one bureau or all three. There is no impact to your credit history.

I worked for 10+ years for TransUnion, one of the providers and am well aware of the industry. Start here.

Finally, if your score was "619" then you have to ask which score it was, FICO, Fako, Vantage etc., there are dozens of scores used to rate consumers.

Patrick
Kistian Esca…, Agent, Edmond, OK
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Lenders typically want to wait for around 3 months since you began taking steps to fix your credit to better the chances that a rescore has occurred. Your lender will have a better idea of when will be the best time to check.