I am very interested in purchasing lake front property in Washington. Ideally, I'd like to find something

Asked by Corey Shamley, 98115 Wed Feb 6, 2008

that is 4 hrs max drive from Seattle. I'd be willing to consider good undeveloped land, a shack on good land, or a house on good land (in other words, I'm looking for good land). :) I don't have a budget for places like Lake Chelan ... are there any lakes out there that are diamonds in the rough?

Answers

27
Lara McHenry, Agent, Spokane, WA
Wed Feb 6, 2008
Corey,

There are several lake areas available within 4 hours of Seattle in Eastern Washington..I would love to discuss some possibilities with you like the great deals near Lake Roosevelt and several other places where you can get into a starter property for a super price. Feel free to browse my website and search all the eastern washington properties. My search options allow you to input your criteria and sort the searches. I am not allowed to solicit your business so if you should like to hear more click on my profile and contact me direct for a quick chat about the options available.
Best Wishes,
Lara
Lara McHenry, Agent, Spokane, WA
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Another great Diamond in the Rough area is Lake Roosevelt. Your best bet is to link up with a Realtor who will work through looking at all available properties in your budget, area of interest, with amenities, etc. This takes all the difficulty and guesswork out of the search. Plus it is of zero cost to you as a buyer to have representation and help in the process. Always protect yourself in contract by having someone who is well versed in the process help you.

When you say lakefront property...what type of recreational use are planning. This will have a huge bearing on where and what type of lakefront property you may want.

I wish you the best in your search and would be pleased to offer you additional help in finding what you are looking for.

Lara McHenry
Kiwi04, Home Seller, Newman Lake, WA
Tue Jun 5, 2012
we have a wonderful little resort/marina on newman lake. it only has about 1.5 acres of land, but you have 600' of waterfront with a LOT of potential for development. if interested contact us at 509.868.5121
Wren Tidwell, , 76017
Wed Mar 24, 2010
Lakehouse.com is a great resource for finding lake front property - anywhere in the nation. Sign up for our new listings emails and get new and updated listings first. We help others buy and sell lake lots and lakehouses.
Web Reference:  http://www.Lakehouse.com
Theodoremahr, Home Seller, Moses Lake, WA
Wed Mar 24, 2010
I have lakefront property for sale in Moses Lake, Washington. The property is a little over an acre right on the lake, with a view of the Cascades -- the sunsets are fantastic! I regularly catch trout, walleye, and bass right off my dock. There's a 1300 feet three bedroom, two bath home, with a hot tub, 25 x 40 feet deck, 8 x 20 feet dock on the water, with landscaping, fruit trees, and a lawn. In addition to the home, there's an 1200 feet office with a 1/2 bath and a garage. I'm asking $360,000. If interested, please call me (Ted) at (509) 750-9793 (cell) anytime. Thanks.
Elly Cyr, Agent, Arlington, WA
Mon Jun 2, 2008
I recommend you check out either Big Lake or Lake Cavanaugh in Mount Vernon, both are about and hour and a half from Seattle. Both lakes allow waterskiing and you can still find building lots on them. Good luck with your search!
Patrick Beri…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue May 27, 2008
There are tons of properties out there. If you can come up with a price range that would help narrow it down.
Ben Holten, , Moses Lake, WA
Mon Apr 28, 2008
I would consider Moses Lake 2.5 hours, and Blue Lake 3 hours. You can find lots starting as low as $125,000 and houses starting at $300,000.
Mon Apr 28, 2008
The best lake at the best prices within about an hour to an hour and a half drive of Seattle is definitely Lake Sawyer. It is about an hour to an hour and a half from two of the best ski areas in the state -- Crystal Mountain and the ski runs at Snoqualmie. It is one of the larger lakes and allows for water skiing, and even has an occasional sea plane land there. It is an absolutely gorgeous lake, located in a rural and wooded setting. There are many regular full-time residents there, but also many who have their vacation homes there. Periodically a piece of land or an older home that needs work or would be a "tear down" comes on the market. There are also ready-to-move-in homes. There are also several other lakes within the 4 hour radius of Seattle with great settings and motor boats allowed. In general, the smaller lakes do not allow gas-fueled boats. I work these areas on a regular basis and would be happy to help you further. I'm Lori Seaman with Windermere Real Estate and I can be reached at LoriS@windermere.com or by phone at 253-740-1195. I've worked all of King and Pierce counties for 19 years (Lake Sawyer is located in King County, southeast of Seattle). If you can provide your email address I can forward you some listings that are currently located on the lake. I'd look forward to hearing from you.
Debbie Berg, , Ocean Park, WA
Sun Apr 27, 2008
I have a lovely efficiency cabin on a buildable lot on Skating Lake for $89,900. I also have acreage, 8.23 acres, cleared and ready to develop for $129,000, and 5 acres for $99,000 right next to it.This would give you the added benefit of being near the Pacific Ocean and Willapa Bay, and very close to the Columbia River. It doesn't get much better than this! The climate here is moderate, and there are many activities year-round. We are about 3-31/2 hours from Seattle, and 30-45 minutes from Astoria, Oregon. There are also many other properties available, and we have several other lakes here, Loomis Lake, Black Lake, Rushlight lake, just to name the bigger ones.
Web Reference:  http://www.funbeach.com
Ria Scott, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sat Apr 26, 2008
There is a Lake called "Lake Bosworth" no motor lake just 40-50 min from Seattle...several homes/ lots are for sale there...
Jennifer Kron, , 98837
Fri Apr 25, 2008
You must look into Moses Lake, Wa if you have not already, 2.5 hours from Seattle, 300 days of sunshine and our prices are still very affordable, in fact Moses Lake is becoming the #1 place to buy a vacation home for people in the seattle area. And we have Lake Front property that has it all, go to my web-site http://www.JenniferKron.com click "Property Search" and do your own search or e-mail me from that web-site and i can help you with exactly what you are looking for.
Samuel Hilbe…, , Woodinville, WA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Look into Lake Roesiger in Snohomish. It is a full access lake that is far enough out to limit partying. It also has good access to the mountains for your winter sports as well.

Hope that helps...good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.agentsamuel.com
Mike McGregor, , Wenatchee, WA
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Have you been to Alta Lake by Pateros,Wa?
Corey Shamley, , 98115
Sat Apr 19, 2008
Thank you everyone for your answers. Judging by your answers, I can probably help narrow the search a bit. Here's what I'd like in lake front property:

- 3-4 hr drive from Seattle max
- Power boats, jet skis allowed on the lake. I want to use the lake for swimming, skiing, etc. I'm not too concerned about fishing.
- I'd prefer lake front to river front (feels safer for children).
- Near mountains for skiing, snow-shoeing, winter-use a plus (so we can use it year round)
- This home will be a second, vacation home; I don't intend to ever sell it.
- All things being equal, I'd love to be able to purchase a decent plot of land (would be great if someday I could build an additional house for my folks) .
- I don't necessarily want a "party" lake, but I think I'm pretty open. A quiet, somewhat private lake would be great, but I would expect a great lake (Chelan, Roosevelt, etc) to be busy.

Thanks!
Linda Carroll…, , Lacey, WA
Sat Apr 19, 2008
What do you consider to be "good Land?" Pretty setting? Acreage? Quiet? Own well?

Let me know!

Best wishes, Linda
Steven Brown, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sat Apr 19, 2008
Corey,

Are you looking for a lake that allows power boats? There are lots of lakes out there within your 4hr range. Determining what your intended use is will greatly narrow your search.
Linda Carroll…, , Lacey, WA
Fri Apr 18, 2008
Corey, we have every kind of lake you could want in the Olympia area. How much land?

What are you looking for? Investment property? Retirement home? Personal estate?

Let me know! Linda
Mike McGregor, , Wenatchee, WA
Mon Apr 14, 2008
Corey check out MLS 681114 at my web site. Boat access only on 20 Acre Parcel on the Columbia River! 600+ ft of River Frontage
Web Reference:  http://www.mikemcgregor.net
Lance Goodwin, , Kent, WA
Thu Mar 13, 2008
I am a Windermere Real Estate agent in the Kent area of Washington. Since many sellers waited to sell last year and are now finding the market time longer than they expected, it may be a good time to put an offer in on a lake front property. I would suggest looking into Lake Morton in the Kent/Covington area. I am familiar with on house in particular which is a 2 bedroom, lake front house for $417,000. Last year I assume this house would have sold in days, this year, possibly months. Call me if you would like to take a look. You can also go to my website to take a look at the house.
Web Reference:  http://lancegoodwin.com
Steven Wayne, , Around the Globe!
Wed Mar 5, 2008
Jill and Samuel have had some great ideas. Some other thoughts/concerns are drinkable water quality and supply (remember, merely having a well may not be good enough for you- quality/quantity). Also, power supply, and septic availability. Do NOT scrimp on a thorough inspection of property you consider, and consider hiring additional experts to inspect the water and septic.
Tom Parrish, Agent, Quincy, WA
Tue Mar 4, 2008
How about sunshine at the Sunlakes area in Central Washington. Waterfront on Blue Lake with a remodeled cabin. A wonderful location away from the hustle and bustle. MLS# 27160091
Greg, , Washington
Wed Feb 27, 2008
How about river front? Thisis a beautiful 10 acres w/ great view and good fishin
Jill Trinh, Agent, Auburn, WA
Wed Feb 20, 2008
Corey,

There are too many lakes to mention. So, to narrow down your search, I would need some more information. Is this an investment property? How large of a lake? Do you want quiet and privacy or a busy party lake? Do you have a boat? How much land? Most importantly, what is your budget? With that information, I could narrow down a search for you and give a more effective answer.
Samuel Hilbe…, , Woodinville, WA
Wed Feb 6, 2008
There are plenty of good lakes to live on as people have alluded to here. However...your criteria is so broad that it is hard to recommend "the right place." Seattle's topography, climate, and geography is so diverse...especially if you put a 4 hour radius on it!

I would encourage you to narrow it down slightly more to a region...do you want the peninsula, north of the city, south, cascades, eastern washington....then work with a realtor who specifies in that location...

Courtney Coo…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Feb 6, 2008
I like Duck Lake in Ocean Shores...You can get property there for under $200 still and houses for under $300k. It is in the central part of the peninsula and part of 23 miles of interconnecting waterways in the interior of Ocean Shores - very cool - Plus, the beach is only a few blocks away whether you want bay front or ocean front. You can also get ocean front lots there starting just under $200k. Ocean Shores has a lot to offer and you can buy a vacant lot there to build on or camp on 90 days out of the year.
Rick Moore, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Wed Feb 6, 2008
Corey,

There are many lakes in Washington with varying prices and sizes. Some questions to ask are do you want a lake where you can go boating, either with motor or without? Are you looking for a community with other amenities or some place in a rural area with privacy? One location to consider might be Desert Aire in Mattawa, WA. It's just 30 minutes south of the Vantage bridge which is just east of Ellensburg. This community sits on the Columbia River between two dams which have created Priest Rapids Lake. A great place to fish, swim and waterski. There are many home types, sizes and vacant lots available in varying prices. This community has parks, a pool, golf course, boat launch, private airstrip and much more. It's made up of a mix of primary home owners, retirees, vacation homes, and investment property holders. Go to http://www.desertiaretoday.com to find out more about the community and see listings in that area. Once you have pinpointed an area you are interested in let us know and we would be happy to send you listings that fit your preferences. Good luck!