I am underwater or even at best. Refinanced in 2009 so not HAMP able. Current interest on Primary is 5.5 balance of approx 203.5K.

Asked by thepane, Billerica, MA Tue Apr 16, 2013

HELOC balance 44.2K (original down payment in 2007).
Are there any programs to help re-fi to a lower payment?

Answers

5
Jim Driscoll’s answer
Jim Driscoll, , Lynnfield, MA
Tue Apr 16, 2013
If you would like I can look up sales in your area to try to get a better idea on the value. A lot of clients that we have worked with found that the value might have been higher than they thought and we were able to put them into better programs than HARP. Call me when you have time to review.

Jim D
617-529-9007
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Tue Apr 16, 2013
There are additional programs that may be available. It depends on how underwater you are. Give me a call to discuss. I have several resources that may be able to work with you. 978-360-0422
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Tue Apr 16, 2013
If you refinance the first half of 09, you may still be OK for HAMP.

Run your information through the finder.

https://ww3.freddiemac.com/corporate/

https://knowyouroptions.com/loanlookup

Even if not eligible, if are about even and have some money to put down, you might be able to consolidate both loans to one FHA loan.
Floyd Ribeiro, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Tue Apr 16, 2013
You should consult a mortgage lender to see what options you have or what they could do for you.
I have contacts that work in the lending business, and I have contacts that handle Short sales also.
Please contact me if you wish their help. regards
Christine Be…, Agent, Lexington, MA
Tue Apr 16, 2013
I would recommend speaking with a loan officer to go over your options. I have a couple of local contacts who could look at it for you. Please feel free to call or message me for more info.