Maureen, Home Buyer in memphis, tn  38``9

I am trying to locate any foreclosed properties...my agent has not disclosed anything to me and we have been

Asked by Maureen, memphis, tn 38``9 Thu May 29, 2008

searching for months..are they really out there? 53217

Answers

5
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Thu May 29, 2008
Hope you will see that foreclosures don't always translate to the be the best deals. When buying foreclosures, you won't be in a position to negotiate for more reduced price, repairs, credits.

If you have abundant time and patience, you should also consider short sales.

And.,,,this kind of info isn't available only from your agent. Again, if you have the time and if you're resourceful enough, you can go to your local county records office and get this info since notices of default, trustee sales, etc. are public record.

You can also contact a title company and see if they can give you copies of these notices. It helps to have a REALTOR who can get this info on your behalf, too.

That said, you may want to look at properties in the price range you want. If your agent's company has a service that provides automatic email notification every time a new listing comes up that meets your search parameters, then you should request for that service. You may be surprised to find foreclosures, short sales and regular sales in the mix.

Or you can sign up at RealtyTrac and other similar sites (and pay a subscription fee for the service)

Jeffrey Schn…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu May 29, 2008
Maureen,

A lot will depend on how tight your criteria are. In every market there are foreclosed properties, but if your requirements are very specific, or not realistic, then your agent won't have any results to show. What criteria have you provided? Have you talked to your agent about why you're not seeing any results? Have a discussion with them, and if you're not satisfied with the answer, tell them so. If you're still not satisfied, then move on to someone else.

Jeffrey
Sophia Peran…, , Madison, WI
Fri May 30, 2008
Hi Maureen,
All foreclosures including Countrywide, WHEDA and FHA homes are listed in your local MLS. I recommend asking this question directly to your agent. Is your price point too low and/or criteria too narrow? My guess is the Shorewood and Whitefish Bay area support higher prices & fewer foreclosures than the general Milwaukee area. Good luck with your home search!
Sophia
Web Reference:  http://www.sophiashomes.net
Bob Arnold, Agent, Whitefish Bay, WI
Sun Jul 8, 2012
It is a very simple search in MLS to find foreclosure properties.
Aixa Stelter, , Milwaukee, WI
Mon Jun 9, 2008
I found 5 properties for sale in the 53217 area. If you want further information on these you should check out Realtytrac.com or have your realtor get the information for you.

Aixa