I am trying to find out what the last appraisal value of my home was?

Asked by Melissa_kay72, Columbus, KS Wed Apr 28, 2010

Answers

3
Keith Manson-…, , Milwaukee, WI
Thu Apr 29, 2010
When you are asking about the last appraised value, are you talking about when you purchased your property?

If you are looking for the appraisal when you closed your property, I would contact your lender and request a copy of the appraisal that was used to complete the real estate transaction.

If you are looking for a value of the property I would contact a real estate agent in your area to do a market analysis to give you a price opinion of what the property will sell in this market.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert

Metro Milwaukee

http://www.milwaukeebailout.com
James Ryan, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Leesburg, VA
Thu Apr 29, 2010
Hi Melissa, I am fairly sure no real estate agent will have a copy of your old appraisal, however, a real estate agent can help you with present value or a comp search. I think a quick call to your loan officer or original lender may prove much more fruitful. If you look in your closing package when you purchased the home, you should find the phone numbers you need! A rough rule of thumb is your home appraised for exactly your sales price or a bit more. Best of Luck! Jim
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Apr 28, 2010
Any local agent can help you--contact any realty office(s) and inquire or contact any local Trulia contributor(s) directly and ask.