I am trying to choose between Grayhawk and Heritage green subdivisions in Frisco.

Asked by Santa, Plano, TX Sun Apr 12, 2009

Please give your opinion on both; pros and cons.

Answers

7
Barbara Capo…, , Frisco DFW Metroplex
Fri May 29, 2009
There really isn't any comparison other than a zip code. When you get a Buyer's agent, he or she will pull all comps, to help you make a good decision. If you do not plan on living in the home for a long time? You definately need to do research on areas.
Barbara (972) 757-4527 email Barbara@Powerteamtexas.com or feel free to check the Power Page pn the web site
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Mon Apr 13, 2009
These two neighborhoods are not an apples-to-apples comparison, and there is a whole LOT of Frisco in-between. Frisco is a large city, and offers resale homes, new production homes, and new custom homes - which means your options are wide open. Your own personal goals will play a large part of determining where you will ultimately buy. You need a buyer's agent to do a 'needs determination' interview with you to help build a home tour and let you see all of the options that fit your criteria. It's more than just # of bedrooms and bathrooms. Much more. And, you should always buy to sell.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda

Ronda Allen, Realtor
Certified Purchasing Manager
Keith Dobbs Team at RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
Kari Byrd, , Frisco, TX
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Both locations are good choices. I live right by both of these areas and would be glad to help you in your search for what fit you the best.

Kari Byrd
ReMax Summit Realty
karibyrd@remax.net
Web Reference:  http://www.2612longbow.com
., , Lewisville, TX
Sun Apr 12, 2009
Hey there,

I have sold homes in both neighborhoods. It would depend upon what your looking for, as to what I would say would be a better choice, giving you both pro's and con's. Heritage Greens gets my vote for location desirability and highly desirable Frisco schools.

I would be happy to assist you in whichever community feels right for your family.

Nicole Arenas, REALTOR
nicolearenas@ymail.com
Terri Hayley, Other Pro, Dallas, TX
Sun Apr 12, 2009
Grayhawk builders are First Texas, Bowen, Mercedes, Buscher, Wall, Landon and DR Horton. Your buyer's agent should be able to give you industry information behind each of these to consider. One of the nicest aspects of Grayhawk is the blocks and blocks park that's located in the center of the neighborhood. It has three large water ponds that attract wildlife like ducks which the residents love to feed. The park is great for walking, running and enjoying the outdoors. The average home price there is around $280. The kids there go to Boals Elementary and Griffin Middle School. I can send you a current ranking of all the schools, if you'd like. The community stretches over more than 100 acres, so it is enormous. Depending on your commute, you may want to do trial runs in the morning from 423 as it gets very congested.

Heritage Green is a much smaller community with only about 300 homes. What type of neighborhood feel are you looking for? It's nice that residents also have the membership to the Lakes Tennis Academy as well. It's much further south, so how does that affect your commute and your daily activities? Garden/patio homes start around $200,000 while most of the single-detached homes sell between $300,000 - $600,000. Generally, the average sales price is higher. Heritage Green attends Frisco schools while Heritage Lakes attends Lewisville schools.

Hope this information helps.

Happy Easter!
Mike Gonzalez, Agent, The Colony, TX
Sun Apr 12, 2009
I have to disagree with Lynn. First, I think her statement about never purchase without an agent is a careless statement that one could argue is a violation of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics' Standard of Practice 1-4 which states: REALTORS®, when seeking to become a buyer/tenant representative, shall not mislead buyers or tenants as to savings or other benefits that might be realized through use of the REALTOR®’s services.

With that said, I think you should have an agent working for you as, if nothing else, it's available to you at no cost.

Also, there is nothing in the Code of Ethics that would prohibit a REALTOR® from providing opinions as well as pros & cons to different neighborhoods provided that information is not based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin (Fair Housing protected classes).

My opinion, stick with Grayhawk since they've held their value a little better than Heritage. Grayhawk sold homes have only declined an average of 4% since 2007 whereas Heritage has declined 15% since 2007.

Good luck out there!

Mike Gonzalez, REALTOR®
Listing Specialist / Buyer Representative
The Rivera Team at Keller Williams Dallas Northwest
(214) 783-4240 | MikeTX@kw.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sun Apr 12, 2009
Grayhawk has had lots of foreclosures.....not sure about heritage green.

I think it would depend on the house, what kind of deal you can get, how long you plan to stay, and what your goals are.
Web Reference:  http://www.TexasDistress.com