I am trying to buy my first home. I'm fine with either FHA or Homepath. I'm in the last few months of my chptr 13. Where do I begin?

Asked by davpinnick, Sellersburg, IN Tue May 28, 2013

I've tried to contact the realtor of a house I'm interested in. He is not calling back. I make 50,000/yr, and have drastically improved my financial situation. Please help me with some steps or someone to call. I live in Sellersburg, Indiana.

Answers

8
Bill Moody, Agent, New Albany, IN
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Always start with a lender to get pre approved and find out what price range you should be looking at..
Feel free to give me a call if you need additional help.
Bill Moody
RE/MAX Results
812-725-3010
Pat Groves, Agent, New Albany, IN
Fri Jun 21, 2013
I'm an agent with Schuler Bauer Real Estate Services and my office is at 4206 Charlestown Road in New Albany, Indiana. Feel free to calll if you're still looking and haven't found an agent yet. I'd be happy to help!!

Pat Groves
Broker Associate Realtor
Schuler Bauer Real Estate Services
patgroves@schulerbauer.com
502-548-0496
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Wed Jun 12, 2013
It looks like you are going to need to consult a few financial institutions to see who can
help you fastest. There are different programs in each, and all deserve looking into.
In addition to the regular lenders, there are private lenders, or you can wait a little longer (and you'll know exactly how much longer) after speaking with the mortgage pros. As you wait, if you choose to wait, you can develop new lines of credit (opening them one per 91 days window). Or, you can open several at the same time (to get the damage of several credit pulls at first, to "jump start" the process, which should "smooth over" after 91 days). Adding yourself to someone else's credit line is great too - like parents, relatives etc.

Best of luck,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Harrison Hays, Agent, New Albany, IN
Wed May 29, 2013
I'm always happy to help... It would be easier to initially talk about things by phone so give me a call anytime and we will get the ball rolling...!!!

Harrison Hays
812-987-7797
Trent Rufing, Agent, New Albany, IN
Tue May 28, 2013
I'd love to be of help. My office is located on Charlestown Rd. next to Northside Christian Church. If you have any questions please let me know. I'm available 7 days a week. My contact info is: 502-751-3053 e-mail: trent@greathomezteam.com fax: 502-650-8521.

P.S. I specialize in helping first time buyers

Trent Rufing
Associate Broker
Owner: GreatHomezTeam LLC
Debbie Day-R…, Agent, New Albany, IN
Tue May 28, 2013
Hello Davpinnick, Give me a call at my office (Don Lincoln Realty - 812-944-7160) or on my cell phone (812-989-6908) and I'd be happy to assist you and help point you in the right direction. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks, Debbie Day-Renn
John & Jill…, Agent, Jeffersonville, IN
Tue May 28, 2013
You're on the right track to becoming a home owner!!!! I've got a few lenders I know can help you. Call me when you get a moment and I'll give you their contact info. Thanks

John FINNEGAN
Margie Hobbs, Agent, Floyds Knobs, IN
Tue May 28, 2013
I'd be glad to help. Your first step is to talk to a lender about your credit history to see when you can qualify and for how much. Give me a call at 502-291-0356.
Margie