Melissa, Renter in Whittier, CA

I am thinking of moving to this this area (90602).

Asked by Melissa, Whittier, CA Thu Sep 20, 2012

I would like to know if any one can tell me the safety of this area. is there gang related activity

Answers

10
Sergio Medina, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Tue Oct 28, 2014
Melissa, Whittier is large city that is broken up in to smaller,scattered quadrants that dictate their desirability in reference to "safety". It is impossible to generally answer that question. 90602 has the highest renter-to-owner ration in comparison to the other 5 zip codes and is the most apartment dense area as well. In contrast, 90602 features a few of the most desirable and safest areas of Whittier. You will definitely need a Whittier expert to protect your interest and make sure you find what you are looking for. I help families achieve that exact goal on daily basis and would love the opportunity to do the same for your family Melissa.

Kindly,
Gus Jacinto, , Whittier, CA
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Hi Melissa,

I've been an agent of this area for years and I can assure you of its safety. Whittier is one of the best places to live in California. Also, as you decide to start your home search just keep in mind that Whittier has 6 zip codes in that immediate area. I can show you around when you get out here and find the best area you'd fit into. As far as safety goes, Whittier Police Department is in constant patrol of our community and it is always has a safe feel. If you'd like a tour and to begin your home search from an experienced Whittier agent give me a call.

Gus Jacinto
323.316.3512
Lic. 01890365
uptownwhittierhomes@gmail.com
Ritchy Haynes, , Denver, CO
Tue Oct 8, 2013
I always suggest checking with the local authorities!
Mrs.SarahJon…, Renter, Buena Park, CA
Tue Oct 8, 2013
Melissa,
The only gang problems we have in 90620 is tagging, there's not really any violence. We also have a local PD Dept., the city tried to switch to OC Sheriff last year to save money but the community ballistic. It's a great community with plenty of independent businesses and we're close to fwy. People walk their dogs and their kids and are mostly friendly. I'd call it a move up from Whitter! Good Luck
Bonnieallmine, Home Owner, Whittier, CA
Sat Mar 9, 2013
No more problems, probably less than other areas of LA County. Whittier PD very proactive, and have an active gang unit. Lived here for 16 years now, no major problems. We have had gang activity, but not close by, usually just outside the Whittier City Limits, in the county area. I feel pretty safe here. My area, near Walnut Street and Friends, is about one block from police station. 90602 East of Painter Avenue is even better. I recommend North of Whittier Blvd, and both East and West of Painter, although East is a bit more expensive. Many historic neighborhoods in the city, and active Code enforcement.
gagmf90002, Home Buyer, Whittier, CA
Sat Mar 9, 2013
I know for sure that living by the community college in Whittier is a great area besides the police station is across the street. It near the old town area mostly senior citizens.
Bonnieallmine, Home Owner, Whittier, CA
Sat Oct 20, 2012
I have lived in 90602 for 15 years. No major problems. We are about one block from fire and police. Some streets have apartment buildings, built after the 1987 earthquake, do not buy usually on those streets. No crime exactly, but lots of traffic. Within a few blocks, but not within 90602, we do have gang activity, but we have a pro active police gang unit. City works with citizens to clean up grafitti, etc.

Established in 1887, so still has some old time charm.
Regina Ferron, Agent, Whittier, CA
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Hello Melissa,

I have lived in Whittier my entire life and love the city! It is a very large city and the 90602 zip code covers a large area. I would suggest that you work with a Realtor who can provide you with the most recent crime activity in the neighborhood you are looking at before making your final decision. Researching and talking to people who live in the area will also help you find a good neighborhood. Please let me know if I can assist you, I am happy to help!

Regina Ferron
Realty Benefit
562-708-9349
DRE # 01374965
Guillermo Bl…, Agent, Norwalk, CA
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Whittier is a big city and I'm glad you put a specific zip code but even in this zip code there are specific areas that are a bit better. It's actually my home zip code which I purchase my home back in 2004 so I know it specifically well. I've had no problems while living here but of course anything can happen anywhere. The local PD has really made a presence these past years as we voted no to the plans of a local state prison and so most of those funds went to upgrading our police department which has been doing a great job on preserving the area known for be a peaceful and centralized location. If you have any further questions or need additional information, don't hesitate in contacting me directly.

Dr. Sold
Todd Foust, Agent, Anaheim, CA
Thu Sep 20, 2012
I can tell you its a popular area with a wide array of home price points including some very expensive ones. It is Southern California and that pretty much means no area is immune to gangs. Best to check the local PD or the online crime maps. Overall, I'd consider most of it a safe area but that's a very subjective term. Best of luck!