I am thinking of buying a rental property in las vegas/henderson nv area. what is the status of the rental market in las vegas at present?

Asked by Hse2sell, 12865 Thu Jul 14, 2011

Answers

10
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Jul 16, 2011
There is a very high rental demand for houses within a short drive to the strip. 3 bedroom houses built after 1999 with nice yards and in good school districts seem to attract the best tennants and the rents have been rising.

DAVID COOPER Foreclosure Specialist with 35 years experience. For a Free list of bargain homes,call +1-702-355-8807 or see website
Myrna Chavez, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Depending on location and how well your rental property shows, it'll be an easy and fast rent. A lot of homeowners who are well underwater on their homes and are posed with hardships turn around and short sale their home or let it foreclose. With that, this families has a need to find a home to live and if they have no immediate relatives or friends who can take them in or share a home with and pay minimal, then they go out and find an affordable rental home that is a lot less than the mortgage payment that they were paying on their underwater property. by the way, always use a property management company to make sure that your renters are screened accordingly. Let me know if I can help. Thank you.
Lacey M. Ste…, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Hello!!
As an agent working with many investors that are currently buying in Las Vegas, is a great return on your money!
The average percentage on your return in investing in rental properties in Vegas is anywheres from 10-13%
You can not make that return in any other type of investments right now.
With all the foreclosures going on here in Las Vegas, there are a lot of people that need to rent due to losing there home, and have no other option but to rent. Here at my Office at Gavish Real Estate, not only do I find my investors great deals, but we also give the option to manage your properties for a very low fee.
I would love to talk to you, even possibly work you.
If you have any questions you can call me directly or email me at anytime.

Hope this helps you out a bit.
Have a great day!
Lacey M. Stech
702-204-3964
Lacey@gavishrealestate.com
June Stark, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
The rental market remains strong in Henderson. I would be glad to e-mail you rental comps of leased homes/condos for the areas/communities you are considering so you can make an educated decision and understand which properties may work best for you. Please feel free to contact me via phone or e-mail:

June Stark
junestark@msn.com
702 376-5220
http://www.lasvegasforeclosureworld.com
Suzie Marqua…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
To answer your question you can get a great return on your money in this market. The banks arent paying much. The figures vary on Retun on Investment(ROI) at around 7-12 % ballpark. I really think the single family home is the best investment. Condo's and Townhomes have some advantages but the monthly fees are often high-depending on the property. There are great investment opportunities in this wonderful city. Good luck! Real Estate investing is very exciting.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
702-234-7653
Heather Peck, Home Owner, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Right now, if you consider all types of properties (condos, townhouses and single family homes), 57% are available, 11% are considering tenants, and 32% have been leased in the last 30 days.

For single family homes, 54% are available, 13% are considering tenants, 33% have been leased in the last 30 days.

So basically just under 50% of the properties available are being rented. Of course, price and location as well as condition have a lot to do with how fast the property is leased. The better it shows, the faster it leases.
Kevin Ogden, Agent, Henderson, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
I specialize in tenant occupied properties..............many can be seen at my websites.............I get new inventory daily...........

--

Kevin Ogden
Team Leader-National Recruiter
Exit Realty "The Infinity Group"
702-325-7434
Private Fax: 702-948-5106
exitdreamteam@gmail.com

VIEW MORE GREAT HOMES HERE : http://kevinogden.com

Now Hiring Agents!! Join the FASTEST Growing Real Estate Team in Las Vegas!!

FIND OUT MORE: http://exitrecruiter.info
Web Reference:  http://kevinogden.com
Jeff Wallenf…, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
As of last Friday afternoon, we had 4208 available rentals, but 2268 leases signed in the last 30 days! This is MLS numbers, so it obviously doesn't reflect amateur landlords who are using newspaper and Craigslist ads. The point is that we have less than 2 months supply in the system, and it's been this way for over a year. In my opinion, it's a great time to purchase a rental property.

By the way, median square footage on rentals runs between 1400 and 1550 square feet. Median rent on available units is steady at $1100, and median rent on leased units varies between $1100 and $1150 in any given week. Very few agents keep track of this sort of information.

If you are considering a condo, please be aware that it is VERY DIFFICULT to get financing. Also, any property listed under about $50k should be considered "cash only," and remember that such a property WILL need repairs before it can be rented out.

If you want to know more or get some help choosing a property, let me know.
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Positive Cash Flow and ROI of 9% to 12%, vs the banks 1%, makes real estate investing really atrractive. I like the 3 bed house, in good school district, with nice size backyards. I also suggest having a professional management company, the normal carge is 10% of the rent, but mine gets me repairs at wholesale because of the volume they do, and I never have a vacancy more than 30 days. Check out the free list.

Antonio Gast…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Rentals are a very good investment at the moment, many foreclosures equals home owners in need of a home to rent and that mean opportunity for an investor who is looking at a long term investment. I work with many investor reach their goals by not only getting them the best home to fit their rate of return but help in the renting of the property as well.

Antonio Gastelum-Keller Williams-702-622-7601.