I am thinking of buying a home in coral lakes. Could someone tell me the pros and cons of locating there in comparison to the other subdivisions?

Asked by Brian Anderson, 01240 Thu Oct 28, 2010

Answers

10
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Great answers below from the Trulia community. Here are some blog posts tagged with Coral Lakes: http://www.gulfreturns.com/tag/coral-lakes

Good luck with your search!
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Sun Nov 14, 2010
You have some great feedbacvk below already. If you are interested in the Bonita Springs or Estero area let us know.....I think you would be thrilled with what the area has to offer.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com
Marty and Br…, , Fort Myers, FL
Fri Nov 12, 2010
Hi Brian: Coral Lakes is a lovely community in terms of amenities, etc. In the Lee County area, there are a very large number of similar communities. Rather than focusing on one, at least initially, it may be beneficial to look area wide and compare to central amenities within the cities, airport, compare HOA fees, etc. In this market, there are many options and some communities may better suit your needs than others. Better to compare like-communities to ensure you are making the best decision. For our clients, we establish a Client Portal. Basically, you provide your general criteria and we enter this criteria into the MLS. The system them automatically emails you any listings that fall within your parameters. Also within your Portal, price changes are updated, status changes (active to pending) are updated, etc. Basically it is real-time information with no effort on your part. Home finding and research can be, should be, very easy. If we may be of assistance, please feel free to contact us; sheets.team@coldwellbanker.com or 239.645.5371. Good luck.
William Webs…, , Cape Coral S, FL
Sat Nov 6, 2010
The homes in Coral Lakes are all on individual streets and don’t front on the main street. Prices are good yards are large (compared to some other gated communities) and the owners are great.

We finally have a good management company and the fees have been reduced rather than increased. The amenities are wonderful and include tennis courts baseball field, basketball court picnic area sand volleyball and bocci court.

The flora and fauna are wonderful and the protected areas provide a nice habitat for their growth.

Kitty Madden -homeowner
Claudia Hoh, , Fort Myers, FL
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Hi there Brian:
as you probably know, Cape Coral does not have an immense number of choices of gated communities. The communities that are in Cape Coral offer a variety of lifestyles, however. Every gated community has its pros and cons, which really are subjective - it all depends on what you are looking for. Each community also charges different amounts of monthly, quarterly or annual fees.
My suggestion to you is to truly think about what it is that you are looking for in "your neighborhood". Do you want to be close to shopping, schools, parks or major road ways? Do you want a community pool, tennis courts, playgrounds, etc. These are just a few questions you may want to consider before choosing a specific community.
A realtor can surely assist you in finding the right community for you and show you homes according to your criteria.
You may also search like a PRO - free and without any obligations at:
http://www.claudiahoh.listingbook.com
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have on finding the right home for you,
Claudia C. Hoh
239-560-2067
AJ Ackerman, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Good Morning Brian

ALl the answers below are really great ones. You should really consult a local real estate agent for a list of houses available in gated communities. =)

Personally Coral Lakes is not my first choice. Sandoval is an excellent community with a feel of resort style living. You even have options of buying new construction.

Down the street from Coral Lakes is Bella Terra. I sold a house in there this year and the buyer LOVES IT!

Please let me know what you criteria is and I would be happy to email you a list. We can even talk about new construction if it interest you.

Have a Beautiful Day!

A.J. Ackerman
239-565-7867
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty
aj@ackermanswfl.com
Web Reference:  http://ackermanswfl.com
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Hi Brian,
As the others have said you have some definite pros and cons.

Pros; Gated community, newer homes, larger homes than you normally see in the Cape at great prices.

Cons; Far north in the Cape, the Chinese drywall concern and what effect that would have on the community as a whole, not just the house you are looking at. Also the community had soil issues when they first started building. You need to be sure the association is in good condition and will it stay that way.

If you are not working with an agent, you really should consider it. A good agent will be able to help you with any home in the area, at no cost to you. I would be happy to help you find a home here if you are not already working with someone.

Have a wonderful day,
Nancy

Nancy Doyle
239-209-2237
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
http://www.nancydrealtor.net
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Hi Brian,

As the others have told you, Coral Lakes is a beautiful community but has numerous homes with Chinese Drywall. You would also want to be extremely cautious as far as the stability of the assc goes. Let me know if you strictly interested in gated communities or just other nice subdivisions and I can send you more information.

You can also access our local multiple listing service and see all available properties regardless of what agent listed the property - Just sign up for a FREE account at http://www.leecountyrealtor.listingbook.com

Feel free to email me or call me if I can assist you with your purchase. As a resident of Cape Coral for over 20 years I know the area extremely well and can explain other issues you need to be aware of when deciding on the right home for you.

Terry McCarley / Remax Realty Team
email: leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net
cell: 239-707-4575
Kurt Gearing, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Oct 29, 2010
Pros: It is a new community with lots of room for expanison, offers large family homes (two story), almost every home has a view of a lake, guard at the gate, in a high growth area (New VA facility), easy to get to Fort Myers and beyond.

Cons: They did get into Chinese Drywall, did have problems at first with foundations cracking, need to check on stability of association since it is not fully developed.

In Cape we have a new community that offers a unique approach with front porches and garages in the backyard.

Sandavol has comunities within the community. Condos to townhouses to single family.

Heather Lakes is fully developed with ranch and two story homes. There are other communities.

I would be glad to share with you my thoughts and do the necessary research to draw up a full comparison of amenities, HOA fees, facilities. Contact us by clicking on our picture or going to our website.

Till we meet may your day be filled with lots of good solid information,

Helen Gearing, Realtor
Selling Paradise Realty, Inc

239 574 7836

hgearing@comcast.net
Erik Elsea, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Brian,

It is a beautiful gated community with very nice amenities. There are very few gated communities in that part of Cape Coral or really all of Cape Coral for that matter. You do have to be careful because there was defective drywall used in that particular community so you need an expert who can help you mitigate those risks. I would be happy to give you an overview of the community. I can also set you up with a program that allows you to search every available property in that community as well as see any new listings that become available. If you contact me either through here or my website I would be happy to help you.

Erik Elsea
Web Reference:  http://www.resuperstars.com