I am thinking of buying a home in Four Seasons, Lakewood, but a little hesitant to move to this town because of its bad reputation. Is it safe?

Asked by greeneyes1221, Lakewood, NJ Thu Nov 3, 2011

Answers

5
Joanne Berna…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Sun Sep 30, 2012
Your best bet for an accurate answer is to go to the local police station and check with them. You can also call the local newspapers and ask if they print the "police blotters!" Also don't forget you can visit the specific neighborhoods and ask the local residents how safe their neighborhood is and if there is any questionable activity in the area. People are usually very helpful in this respect. As realtprs we are not allowed to give that kind of information to our clients.
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Thu Nov 10, 2011
Green eyes,

Just like any town there are "bad" sections and "preferred" sections and unfortunately as licensed Realtors we are not allowed to indicate same, except to say check the local police crime report. What I can say is that this is not the area that recently received bad press for the non-sensical killing of a police officer sitting in his care.

As indicated below a 4 seasons KHovnanian gated community that borders Toms River and Brick Township close to shops and major roadway acccess near Route 70. Most KHovnanian communities are "preferred".

If you would like further information about any other adult communities in the area, please to contact me direct @ Francesca@PatrizioRE.com. I live in Brick in an adult community and 33% of my business is in working with adult communities so I've been in many from Jackson down to Brick and as far away as Lacey Township.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PATRIZIORE.COM
732.606.2931 (direct/cell)
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Ronald Shaff…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Fri Nov 4, 2011
The Four Seasons in Lakewood is NOT in a high crime area of town. It is on the border of Brick which was recently voted "The safest Town in America" by a Quinito National Poll. A couple of years ago they tried to be redistriced to be part of Brick in order to lower the taxes. They didn't succeed ,but it gives you an idea of where the location is. If you are having reservations , there are comparable active adult communities in the area , perhaps your agent can have you visit them as well. Best of luck to you !!
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Thu Nov 3, 2011
Joan has good advice. I would also suggest you examine the finances and operation of the homeowners association for any community you decide on.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams - Atlantic Shore
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Thu Nov 3, 2011
Four Seasons in Lakewood is a gated community so only residents or guests with permission of an owner can enter the community. They also have security.I will tell you the homes and cmty are beautiful. I live in Four Seasons in Jackson which is very similar. However, to make sure you are moving to a community that you will feel safe and comfortable in I'd suggest you call the local poice dept and ask them if there are any concerns for safety before you decide.
Web Reference:  http://www.joancongilose.com