I am thinking about relocating back to Oceanside since I retired. Am looking for a mobile home with an own your own lot.?

Asked by salinas_man, Salinas, CA Thu Sep 12, 2013

I think there are one or two in the San Luis Rey Valley. Is that area safe? I have heard thru the years it is not and has become gang infested. Any opinions or experience?

Answers

6
Les Watson, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Thu Sep 12, 2013
That is not considered the best area, however to own a mobile home with land the prices are quite reasonable. If you would like to discuss this by phone you can reach me at 1-760-414-1548 or email ABLUESKYGUY@AOL.COM

You get more from Les
Rita Harper, Agent, Vista, CA
Sun Nov 3, 2013
If you are looking for an active senior community where you own your own lot another good one is Rancho Carlsbad in Carlsbad....very nice community with lots of activities. I am a Seniors Real Estate Specialist and can help you. contact me for more information
Rita Harper, Realtor SRES
(760) 732-3213
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sat Sep 21, 2013
When looking for a mobile home community, try to find a gated community, and remember to not only check out the home, the park, the community, but also where is the shopping located, and how far away. Also if you like to travel, the distance to airports. Many senior communities offer transportation and other extras for senior living. Find an agent familiar with senior living!
Nancy Rothro…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Sat Sep 21, 2013
Look in to Rancho Carlsbad, great location and is next to a golf course and has many nice amenities, really nice people there as well. Seems to be a veteran's place to retire. Let me know if you have any questions I am full of free advice!
Wanted to remind you that a consideration is the HOA dues in a place where you own the space. Also, in some places there are limits on the age of a mobile home. Some could require mandatory replacement at a certain age. However, that is less common in a 55+ community.
Flag Sat Sep 28, 2013
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Hi-
Realtors can't comment on the safety of an area. What we can do is point you towards resources like http://www.crimemapping.com. I live and work in Oceanside and would be happy to assist you.

Thanks!
​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
Maureen Bye…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Sun Sep 15, 2013
We are very familiar with this type of product, area and town. This MH park is very clean, gated affordable, established, conveniently located 55+ mobile home park in Oceanside by us. We know folks that love it!! I will help you if you contact me for your best local retirement relocation mobile home lot ownership properties available and provide experienced buyer representation. We can discuss more in detail whatever and whenever your goals and interests are. For all of us, I think that safety is an important factor among many other serious items to take into realistic consideration when purchasing any home in any area, price range and size. We can assist you in professional services on this online venue with insights pertaining to financing, real estate, leasing, inspections, opening and closing escrow. We can offer you websites such as spotcrime.com and others for you to review online or to suggest contacting the local police dept for stats which is a better source than any Realtor. We can offer you the best in professional referrals for you to install an alarm and camera systems or to attend tactical courses at the nearby range to heighten your own personal security any where regardless of anyone else's San Luis Reys' experiences or opinions or lack thereof...but the recent or historical crime stats of record will speak for themselves.
Web Reference:  http://www.coastal.biz