Taratatro21, Home Buyer in Gilbert, AZ

I am thinking about moving and renting out my Gilbert home or maybe even selling it. Is the market still good for renting?

Asked by Taratatro21, Gilbert, AZ Tue Jun 25, 2013

I have a 2100 square foot home. It was built in 2010 and is 3 full bath and 4 bedrooms. I think the value on my house has increased about 20k . Everything is pretty much still new as it is just me and my boyfriend who live here. My mortgage is 950 a month and HOA is 85. I am trying to determine if I could still get a decent price if i rented out my house. I have heard that rental prices have decreased this past year. I don't have to sell or rent I can do either one. I live on power and warner.

Answers

14
Patty Fisch, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Hi Tara!

I sent you some information on your community for both sales and rentals so you can see what makes sense to you. It seems like you'd be in a very good position to rent out this house, have the tenant pay the mortgage for you. The current resale market is a sellers market and prices are rising now - so potential for even more profit on the home. Right now, we are experiencing higher than normal price increases in sales (15-20%) as the market is correcting for the significant dip we took in the 2006-2010 timeframe. Rental market in Phoenix has shown a strong 10+ year increase in demand for rentals - rental prices never took the large dip that sales did - but has stayed relatively flat to slightly up. I'd be happy to help you with any questions you might have. I have investors in your area and we recently rented 2 homes very quickly. I sent you info on what you can expect for rent prices as well as sales prices based on the community. Fine-tuning based on your actual home would need a preview of your property.
Rescue Realty…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Hi Tara,

I have to agree with the other responses. I live and work in Gilbert. I, too, can send you comprehensive market analysis' for each scenario.

If you do decide to rent consider a property manager, especially, if your move will be out of state. I can help with this as well.

Please feel free to contact me and I can help with any questions or concerns.

Good luck with your decision.

Linda Matejko
Arizona Elite Properties
Linda.Matejko@gmail.com
480-202-2649
Dan McNulty, Agent, North Port, FL
Wed Jun 26, 2013
If you want to ensure that you get top dollar for your home either by renting or selling I can send you a free market analysis for both rental and sales. This will help you determine the best and most profitable path to your decision.

When renting a home there are many issues to take into the decision making. Should you hire a property manager or manage the home yourself. If you will be staying in Arizona you do not have to hire a property manager but may want to.

You live in a highly sought after location, I work with many renters moving into our city from across the country everyday and this is where they are preferring to live.

If you have any questions on this please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Call me I'll answer my phone (and text) !!!

Dan McNulty
Best of East Valley 2013 REALTOR
480-352-3596
http://www.yourazrealestateagent.com
dan@yourazrealestateagent.com
Johannes Rath, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Good morning Tara,

I live in Gilbert and I will be happy to send you the most recent sales and rental numbers. You will do well either way :)

Why do you want to sell or rent? Are you moving to another city or state?

Johannes Rath
ZipRealty, Inc.

Email: johannes.rath@ziprealty.com
Cell: 480.612.4958
Toll Free: 1.800.225.5947 x4127
Fax: 866.245.1356
My Profile: http://www.ziprealty.com/agent/jrath
*** CLICK HERE TO SEARCH ALL HOMES FOR SALE ***
Dawn Marthini, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Wed Jun 26, 2013
I definitely agree with the other replies here- the market in Gilbert is fantastic right now! Many homeowners who were facing a short sale as their only option a year ago, now find they have equity in their home again. Getting a good grasp on your home's value would be a good first step to help you decide whether to sell or hold it as a rental. With its award winning schools and low crime rates, Gilbert has long been considered a highly desirable place to live. Low inventory levels right now could make it very easy to sell quickly for top dollar, or you may want to hold and rent while values are still climbing. If you're interested, I'd be happy to run the numbers for you for both rents and sales. Market analyses are always free, and come with no obligations, hounding or spamming. :)

Dawn Marthini
selling_az@yahoo.com
480-233-5937
Amber Rohner, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Hi Tara!!

Right now seriously is a great time to rent OR sell!! House prices are still rising, especially in the Gilbert area (which is where I live). I've been helping people find rentals and for houses as small as 1500 sq ft the rent could be up to $1300! I think you'd do well either way :))

If you want help listing your home for sell or renting, let me know! I would be more than happy to help you :)

Amber

Realty ONE Group

AmberR@RealtyOneAZ.com

480-370-7767
Tina Martinez, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Now is a fabulous time to buy and sell! If your thinking about renting your home out that's a great idea as well! Ever since the market went bad, so many people have bad credit, so the only option they have is to rent while they are fixing their credit. I have seen rentals all over the valley and the rent prices are so high because there are so many people who need to rent. Intel is always bringing in people from out of state, those people are a big majority of renters as well! Your home is in Gilbert which is a desirable location for Intel employees! With a home as new as yours and with the square footage you have I have no doubt you will be able to rent your home for much more than your monthly mortgage and fees! Give me a call if you have any other questions, I work with lots of renters and would be happy to send them your way!

Tina Martinez
West USA Realty Revelation
(505)227-7108
tinamartinez@realtyrevelation.com
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Your Realtor can provide you an estimated selling price or leasing price for your home. We are still in a good market for leasing and selling. There are 3,000+ new residents moving to Phoenix metro from other areas of the country every month.

Gilbert and Chandler were both selected in Money Magazine's top 100 small cities to live in the US. Very desirable area.

Call with any more questions.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
Shawn Rogers, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
While the decision is solely yours to make, I can help provide whatever information you want, like how much I think it might rent for or sell for. You mentioned your monthly amount due, but I'd be interested in learning your loan payoff balance. Hopefully, if you sold, you'd put a nice chunk of change in your pocket. Either way, we'd love to help. As the #1 rated REALTOR in this market based on # of reviews on this website (and others), anything my team and I list, whether it be a rental or a sale, gets TOP exposure. More exposure should mean more coin in your pocket. Please contact me.

David Hulka, REALTOR® - West USA Realty
misterrogershomes@cox.net
Mister Rogers Homes Real Estate Group
http://www.MisterRogersHomes.com
Armando Rami…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
First you need to determine how much your home is worth. I would be happy to provide you a CMA of your homes value if you message me. The value of homes in Gilbert has gone up 20-30%, depending on the area, in the last year alone, so I'm sure your 2100 sf house has increased more than 20k, especially if you bought in 2010. I can let you know how much you can rent your house out for too. I have a rental on Power and Ray in The Gardens so I know the area very well. I can tell you for sure, just by the location, size and your mortgage payment, that you will be making money renting out the place.
Nicole Drew, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
I would love to speak to you about this more hands on, for you have many great questions that I would love to answer. If you would like to speak: Email, text or call I'm willing to do either or all. Please contact me at nicoledrew@westusa.com

Looking forward to speaking with you

Thank you
Nicole
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Home values have done very well the last 2 1/2 years in Gilbert. I have been Gilbert based for many years and keep track of the progress the market makes in Rental and Sales. We are unusual in that regard due to the fact that we do Property Management (Rentals) and Sales of properties.

One frequent request is to evaluate a property to assist a homeowner like yourself make an informed decision on the best path for you. We look at selling, holding and renting and potentially other options that may fit your circumstances.

The consultations are of course no charge to you.
Elizabeth Ei…, , Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Hello, my name is Liz Eichelberger and I can definitely help you with that. I can do a free home analysis for you to determine what your home is worth and then we can go from there. It is currently a strong seller's market so if you would like to move forward with the sale of your home, then this would be the time. I can be reached at 4804143123 or my email is Liz@AZDreamHomeProeperties.com. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you determine your Gilbert home's worth. I sold a home in Gilbert in only 3 days. If you price it right, it should not last long on the market.
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Due to interest rates starting to creep up, more people will most likely be looking to buy as it will be more cost effective and beneficial in other ways rather than renting. If you would like some recent rental and sales comparables for your property please feel free to contact me.

Stephanie Weiss
480.273.7472
Http://StephanieWeissMoves.com