Cafirsttimeb…, Home Buyer in 92596

I am starting to look for Winchester forclosures after finding too much of a competition for bids to buy in Temecula and Murrieta where I wanted to

Asked by Cafirsttimebuyer, 92596 Mon Jan 4, 2010

stick around, my worries are if equity wise it's considered a good comununity and if its commercial future as a city looks good, I noticed the target store has stopped construction there! any advice!!??

Answers

7
Team Forss R…, Agent, Temecula, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Let us know what you're looking for. We have several bank owned properties in Temecula that we have not yet listed on the market. We have two pool homes that are coming on the market in Paseo del sol, and two homes without pools in the same neighborhoods. We are also listing a pool home with views next week and it's also in south Temecula - Morgan Hill. So, hang in there. There will be more homes coming on the market. Make sure you work with a Realtor that is very familiar with REOs.
Sdtransplant, , Winchester, CA
Sun Oct 17, 2010
I live in the Capistrano development in Winchester - bought a REO in July 09 for half what the original buyer paid. Yes, the tax rate is very low and the houses are unique - I have a gated courtyard and a casita. Winchester's a bit far out (8 miles to my house from the 15 freeway) but it's quiet and safe out here. Check with the school district though - the area I live in is part of the Temecula school district but just a few streets over it's the Hemet school district. Homes are holding their value pretty well out here in my development - I think that's because the houses in my development are not your typical run of the mill cookie cutter style homes. The important thing to remember for anyone in the market for a home right now is to be buying for the right reason - a family home you can stay in for a while. The market won't be heading North for a long, long time so don't buy with the idea that you're gonna be able to turn around and sell in a few years for a hefty profit - you won't be able to.
Terkel Soren…, Agent, Temecula, CA
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Hey Cafirst...
I just saw this - Assuming you are looking at the part of Winchester that is close to Temecula (French Valley for the locals), you have primarily Temecula schools once you get up to Pourroy on the far end, you have to look at school maps - some of that is Hemet and Menifee... And it is not a straight line.

That said, there are some good values out there, like most of the areas around here, prices have bottomed out and most places they are heading the other direction, so don't wait around too long or you might not get in on a house.

As far as getting outbid - make sure you are writing the right offer, far too many people are bidding up prices they can't pay, and their offers are tossed out with the bath water all day long.

Good hunting.
Jesse Madison, Agent, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Thu Jan 21, 2010
Winchester is considered an area of Temecula for tax purposes and school districts. Home values here have suffered slightly more than in Temecula. However they have been consisitent with the entire area and have been maintaining value more than other surrounding cities outside the Temecula/Murrieta area..
For example: According to DQNews.com:
In the last 12 months home values in:
Winchester have decreased 14%
Temecula have decreased 6%

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you in any way.
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Wed Jan 6, 2010
The part of Winchester closer to Temecula is in the Temecula School district and Temecula Schools have great ratings.

For resale value school ratings are very important. Past Scott Road the School District changes to Menifee Unified and Hemet Unified.....and beyond that Perris Unified School District.

Check out these two sites. http://www.greatschools.net and http://www.city-data.com to find out what other people are saying about Winchester!!!
Web Reference:  http://www.soreal.biz
Dianne Hicks, Agent, Rancho Bernardo, CA
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Winchester is a great and upcoming area. It is a good community and just about as hot as Temecula and Murrieta. If things are delays in my opinion it is only temporary. It has great value and parts of Winchester are in the Temecula school district, if that is important to you.

I personally would not hesitate to buy, It is a hot area and I believe will continue to grow.

Please feel free to read my blogs, there may be some good advise for you there. Let me know if I can help you any futher.

Kindest Regards,
Dianne Hicks
Web Reference:  http://www.di4homes.com
Bob Georgiou, Agent, Danville, CA
Mon Jan 4, 2010
My adive is get to an agent and ask to look at the recent sales. If they are flat and stable you are likely ok. IF the prices are slipping and are still moving downward some savings could be had from waiting. This is the year of the big wave of foreclosures and several price points and communitites will be affected. (SOME WON'T!) A lot of due dilligence will shed some light on the values properties and the cheap real estate.
Web Reference:  http://bob2sell.com