Question Details

Ckbirmingham, Both Buyer and Seller in Alexandria, VA

I am starting to investigate a move to the Philadelphia area and would like to know the best place for a family to move to in Southern NJ.

Asked by Ckbirmingham, Alexandria, VA Wed Mar 24, 2010

I will be working near the Philly Airport and occassionally having to go into the city
I need good schools specifically elementary
Looking in the price range of 280k to 340k
We prefer older historic areas, ideally the area would have a small downtown main street area
Alot of parks for kids would be preferable as well
I am open to towns in Pa as well if there are some good areas for families

Answers

1
I really think one of the first things to ask your agent when you find one, is for the agent to find out flood zones for different areas. You probably have seen on the news that areas of New Jersey seem to really have serious flood issues every Spring. It really is a pretty easy thing to find out about, and I think it is a very serious issue when buying in Jersey. Flood insurance can be pretty expensive and you may change your buying choice when thinking about that. Please feel free to contact me and I can help find you an agent in New Jersey. Many thanks, and hope all is well.