Home Buying in Little Elm>Question Details

J, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

I am selling a wonderful house in Little Elm, got it listed late in the summer about two weeks ago. Is the market slowing? I need to get it closed!

Asked by J, Frisco, TX Thu Sep 20, 2012

Hopefully, you have had some good traffic with showings. While this time of year typically is known to be slow, there are still buyers in the market. Pay close attention to the feedback from the showings and your realtor to decide what, if any, changes need to be made. Listen to the market and make adjustments if necessary. If your home is in good condition and staged well, it's just a matter of time. If you don't have time, then it may also be a matter of price.
Typically the market does slow down once school starts.

Houses still sell in the winter, but just not as many people looking.

Price aggressively....market aggressively and allow all showings.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX

Have you had any activity? If you have had people looking but they have had trouble getting a deal done, have you Realtor contact me and perhaps we can get something done. I can get people qualified to buy a home that banks cannot, at better terms. You may want to look at http://www.NACA.com for background.

I hope that I can help.

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor-NMLS 280951
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
Your listing agent should be providing you all the stat's . Many questions require answers prior making any comment(s)

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
News Personality On Air Radio Show
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook
I personally have not noticed a slowing trend. Make sure your Realtor is advertising your home.
Good luck. Post it on here as well.
Yes, the market typically slows in August due to the heat and then picks back up around mid September and is slow but steady through the Holidays. Just make sure your agent is being creative with their marketing to get you through the slower selling season.