I am selling a home with 2700 sqr feet on Evansville's far north side and looking to trade up to a new house?

Asked by Laurie Rosenbaum, Boonville, IN Fri Aug 7, 2009

I would like to be able to trade my home for one that is around $300,000. I am currenlty with a realtor and my house has been on the market for over 130 days and I am ready to get in a new house and settle. Any ideas where I might find the perfect trade opportunity

Answers

3
Elizabeth Sa…, Agent, Evansville, IN
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Check with your Realtor about trade opportunities. However, since you must love that house and that owner must love your house, the chances of the perfect trade parent is extremely low.

The best strategy is sell your current home to a buyer and then be free to buy whichever house you want. Listen to your Realtor. The current price and condition of the home are not attracting a buyer. Either spend some time and money to make your current house more appealing or reduce the price.
The Goldenbe…, Agent, Evansville, IN
Fri Jun 28, 2013
The market on the North side of Evansville has been very hot. If your home is not getting showings or more importantly not getting offers the cause is usually one or more of six reasons. You should sit down with your realtor and have a heart to heart talk about your home. Price is one of the reasons, but not necessarily the one causing you problems.
Larry Watson, Agent, Evansville, IN
Fri Aug 7, 2009
Stick with your Realtor. In the past, this has not been popular, but it is happening now with increasing frequency. Be sure your Realtor understands that you would be interested in a trade.