I am searching for a home in Ponte Vedra FL 32081 with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Is it possible to look up the elevation certificate for a home so I?

Asked by Vero, Ponte Vedra, FL Fri Apr 20, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kim Sandberg, Agent, Ponte Vedra, FL
Fri Apr 20, 2012
If you need an elevation certificate for a prospective purchase, you can ask the listing agent or homeowner if they have one on file from when they bought the home. It's not common for every homeowner to have one, it's more often the case when the home is in a flood zone that may caused them to carry add'l flood insurance, or a mandatory request from their lender.

Another option is to talk to a professional insurance agent who is familiar with the area where the home is located. They might be able to help you get a quote without the elevation certificate.

Or you can certainly go to the county records and recheck flood zone maps yourself.

Hope that helps!
Kim Sandberg, Broker-Associate
Re/Max Unlimited
0 votes
Neda, Agent, Hastings, NE
Fri Apr 20, 2012

The county web site has a map with the flood zones. if you want the degree of elevation this is usually done with a survey and the current owner should have this. isurance companies will require this before issuring a quote.
If you are not working with a Realtor at this time i would be happy to assist you.
0 votes
Cheryl Gille…, Agent, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Fri Apr 20, 2012
I would suggest contacting the St. Johns county building department 904-209-0655. Please contact me if I could be of additional assistance.
0 votes
Cheryl, I just wanted to compliment you for going that extra step by offering your assistance by contacting you directly. I simply live in Naples, FL but like the thought of an agent caring. From my experiences, that is highly unusual so again my compliments. John P.
Flag Thu Jun 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Ponte Vedra Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more