I am relocating to Jacksonville...Does anyone know of any short sales or foreclosures in the Southside area?

Asked by Gary, Tonawanda, NY Thu Jun 5, 2008

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gary

Answers

16
Cathy Sloan, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Jun 7, 2008
Gary

All the agents have given you some pretty good advice and some have pointed out a few excellent home options. I have searched local MLS , Southside and Southside/Mandarin area for Foreclosures.

There are 53 Foreclosures. I am providing a link for you to view these on line. Obviously all of the agents listed here, including myself would welcome the opportunity to earn your business and would be willing to provide you more information and show you any of the homes listed.

Follow this link to see the page:
http://pub.realtyweb.net/cgi-bin/view.cgi?200806072351281481…
This link will no longer be available after 7/7/2008.

There are also 132 pre-forelosure listings and 264 short sale listings. If you will provide more specific criteria to me or any of the agents listed here we will gladly send you a detailed list tailored to your specifics.

As several have said before. Be sure not to limit yourself to short sales and foreclosures. There many homeowners that have priced their homes to be competitive with the foreclosures in their area. Many in much better conditon and offering more upgrades and certainly the better buy. I or any of the experienced agents listed here can point those out to you.

Best of luck in your home search.
Web Reference:  http://www.cathysloan.com
Maggie Hand, , Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Gary,
There are many short sales and foreclosures in the Southside area of Jacksonville but I do not think you should limit yourself when there are many homes for sale at fair market value. If I can assist you in any way, please give me a call or drop me an e-mail.
Maggie Hand
Prudential Network Realty
maggie.hand@prudentialnetworkrealty.com
(904) 803-9828
.
Holly Balaban, , Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Gary,
Yes, there are many short sale and forclosure properties available in the Southside area of Jacksonville. You are moving to a very pleasant and centrally located area in the city, how lucky for you! What price range are you looking for? What are the must have features you are looking for in your home? What do you like to do, your interests? What kind of lifesyle do you prefer? This would help narrow your options to meet your specific needs. Please let me know and I can help you find the perfect home.

Holly Balaban
Prudential Network Realty
904-994-4309
holly.balaban@prudentialnetworkrealty.com
Shonda Campa…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Gary

I have a great 5/2 shortsale listed on the Southside close to the Beaches. Go to my profile and check it out. Just click on my listings..
MaryBeth Sch…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Fri Jun 6, 2008
Hi Gary, Check out the link! Thanks for responding! Mary Beth
Karlene Grim…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Coldwell Banker has a complete REO department. Foreclosures are straight to the point and once you find that perfect property, you will be so glad that you went with a foreclosed property instead of a Short Sale. Short sales can be very time consuming and can take up to 4 months to close. Email me or give me a call so that I can forward you a real estate expert in Foreclosures in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas
Sandra Brown, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Like most of the agents answered there are many, but I have a great one on the Southside of Jax with lots of potential in a gated neighborhood. I will be glad to send you the details on the property. If you have time, send me an email and I will forward the info to you. Thank you! Sandra Brown
MaryBeth Sch…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Hi Gary, I have an awesome short sale, ready to close in a great location Southside area! email me for details! Thanks! Mary Beth
Shonda Campa…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Holly and Maggie already gave you some great advice. Yes there are tons of short sales available. Some are great deals. As Maggie stated you shouldn't limited yourself to short sales. A short sale just means the lender is willing to accept less than what the seller owes for the property. They aren't always the best deals and they can take a few months to even find out if the lender is willing to accept the short sale offer.
My advice would be find an agent and get them to run all properties that are available in your price range. It's a buyers market and there are tons of great values out there.
Sharon Steve…, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Gary--- Here is a good foreclosure and short sale resource for you. You can find a complete list of both houses and townhomes/condos that are short sales. There are other properties on the market that are often better deals than short sales or foreclosures-- so be sure to also search the local MLS as well.
Sarah, Home Buyer, Jacksonville Beach, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Hey Gary, I actually have a house for sale in Jacksonville Beach that I might be considering a short sale on, its a great neighborhood, email me if you are interested JaxBeachHomeForSale@gmail.com. I will provided you the details!!

Thanks!
Rick, , 33437
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Gary, Just click here for southside forclosures http://floridamoves.com/Property/reoSearch.aspx?propsearch=30
Ashley Roque, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
It's great to hear from you, Gary! With the current market conditions the way they are, the number of foreclosures/short-sales are increasing rapidly. It's a great time to buy so I like what you are thinking! There are over 150 of these types of deals in the Southside area. I am actually working on a few now. I would love to show you some of these properties. However, let me send over a list of the available properties for you to look through first. This way, you will have a better idea as to what's available and can choose the specific properties that you would like see. Give me a call at your convenience so I can send you a listing of these available homes. I look forward to working with you soon!
(904) 482-5670, ashley.roque@comcast.net
Lucien Vaill…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Hello Gary

Yes there are many foreclosures and short sales to choose from in the Southside area. Click the web reference below to view the nearly 150 priced from $150k - $250k. Give me a call if you see something that interests you.

Thanks!
Lucien Vailllancourt
Realty Executives
(904) 994-0493
http://www.lucienvaillancourt.com
David Ott, , Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Gary,
What a great time to be moving to the Jacksonville area. There are alot of great bargains in the market today. There are actually quite a few shortsales in the Southside area. To be exact the number is 145. There is also approximately 25 foreclosures in the MLS also. So you have a few to choose from.......Please contact me at my information below and I can send them over to you to see.....

Talk to you soon!!

David Ott
Keller Williams Realty .
904-318-5121
Ott2buy@comcast.net
http://www.DavidOttHomes.com
Carol Zingone, Agent, Atlantic Beach, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Gary,

Any Realtor will have access to both short sales and foreclosures in the Multiple Listing Service. Foreclosures can be in any shape, from pretty bad to pretty good, so that may weigh in your decision process. Short sales, despite the name, are not quick, nor are they guaranteed, so they may not be a good fit, unless your timeframe is very flexible, or you have another place to stay while the paperwork is going back and forth.

Hope this helps - you can email me direct at carolzingone@clearwire.net.Thanks!
Web Reference:  http://www.carolzingone.com