Home Buying in Sylmar>Question Details

Mitchell E G…, Home Seller in Coral Springs, FL

I am relocating from Florida and looking for an area near Sylmar.

Asked by Mitchell E Goodman, Coral Springs, FL Fri Jun 4, 2010

Santa Clarita looks great. But, would love to be closer to the beach. Elementary schools are a priority. Ideas? Agents that can help with Foreclosure sales appreciated as well.

Answers

5
Be very careful with the schools in Santa Clarita. I moved from Sherman Oaks to Santa Clarita because the public school systems were support to be good ( I have now lived in Santa Clarita for 12 years) my kids went to 2 public schools in the area finally after my kids began to fail, and the school and teachers not caring we finally pulled them out of the public. They are both in private school in the valley ( 1 hour away with traffic) Not all schools in Santa Clarita are bad but you want to make sure that your in the right district and school. If you have any questions regarding certain schools in Santa Clarita let me know. Good luck!
Hi
I would love to help you out. I work for Coldwell Banker Beverly Hills. I cover all areas of So Cal. I am also Short Sale/foreclosure certified, and an ecobroker as well. You can call or email me anytime. I lived in Ft Myers Fla., several years ago.
marksmith90210@coldwellbanker.com

Thank You
You don't indicate what the price range is. First, you need to get qualified by a lender. The beach areas are great, including the South Bay area. Commuting may be an issue because of the traffic. If your budget allows, Stevenson Ranch is a wonderful area with top rated schools.

Again, the first thing you need to do is talk to a lender and determine what you can afford. Make sure that you talk to several agents who are familiar with the areas you are interested in. Good luck with your search.
Web Reference: http://www.calsucasa.com
If you are focusing on foreclosures, the valley (sylmar, granda hills, mission hills, etc) have far more opportunities than alot of the beach cities where prices are always significantly higher. There are alternative, if you consider condos and townhomes. Please contact me directly, and we can discuss your needs in detail.

Nicole Lindler
Prudential California Realty
310.694.2288
Dear East Coast,
Sylmar is in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. The beach areas would be Marina del Rey, Venice, Santa Monica among others, however, to commute to Sylmar for work will not be fun on a daily basis (though many people do it).