I am purchasing a home in vermont and redondo @389k. sq ft 1867 with 3bed 3bath built in 2005. based on the info i provided, is this a good buy?

Asked by Cloud, Gardena, CA Fri Nov 12, 2010

I just want to find out if this is price is fairly reasonable. my email address is kacyko@yahoo.com thank you

Answers

3
Michael Magaw’s answer
Michael Magaw, Agent, Torrance, CA
Fri Nov 12, 2010
The fact that you need to ask that question shows why you need a Realtor to help you with your transaction. If you just want value, then hire an appraiser. I don't think that a Realtor would want to guess at the value of a home they have not seen and don't have an address. There are too many unkowns. I know that neighborhood and I know the home is not on the corner of Vermont & Redondo Beach Blvd.
You state that you are purchasing this home. Who came up with the price? How much negotiating did you do? What were the terms of the contract? Who are you using for your appraisal, home inspection, etc.? Who reviewed the contract, disclosures and other documents for you?
Like hiring a good accountant or lawyer, having the right real estate agent could save you plenty.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Nov 12, 2010
In order to determine a fair value, one needs to be aware of comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, after reviewing the data, a determination on price can be made--do you have an agent, if so what is he/she suggesting---not sure any agent can say if it's a good buy, or not, without seeing the property first.
Aida Pinto, Agent, Downey, CA
Fri Nov 12, 2010
What do the comps say? what is the condition? what kind of financing are you getting? what kind of terms? any seller concessions? Does the home fit your needs?....there's a lot more than just the price to consider when buying a home. Do you have a Realtor?
Web Reference:  http://www.shortsalediva.org