I am potentially moving to the Boise area in the next few months and will be working near St. Al's, not at St. Al's, but near that location.

Asked by pgcyclist, Boise, ID Thu Apr 4, 2013

I am interested in areas that DO NOT have HOA! I am looking for a home in the price range of probably $175K to possibly $250K. It would be nice to have a basement, not mandatory, but nice. Probably at least 4 bedrooms, 2 to 3 baths and a 2-plus car garage. The activities that I like to pursue are biking, hiking, mountain biking, xc skiing and almost anything else outdoors. So would like to be somewhere that has easy access to these activities, yet somewhat close to the St. Al's area. I would like to ride my bike to work as much as possible and would be willing to commute from say about 10 miles out or shorter distance. Something with easy access to the Greenbelt would be a plus. Also nice to have easy access to Ridge to Rivers trail system. I hope this information will help to steer me to an area that would meet my general criteria for a home.

Answers

7
Natalie Filb…, Agent, Boise, ID
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Hi pgcyclist,

There are several nice areas in town that sound like they will meet your needs. I suggest you look at a searchable map of the area to help you better appreciate the proximity of the St. Al's complex to the activities that you enjoy pursuing. Visit http://www.buyandsellinidaho.com/mapsearch.cfm to get a good feel for homes meeting your criteria.

If I can be of service please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best of luck on your impending move!

Natalie Filbert, Associate Broker, GRI, SFR
The Filbert Real Estate Group
Mountain Realty
Cel. 208-599-1336
Fax 208-379-0379
http://www.BuyandSellHomesinBoise.com
http://www.BuyandSellinIdaho.com
http://www.SearchBoiseReal-Estate.com
Dale Alverson, Agent, Boise, ID
Thu Apr 4, 2013
As the director of Relocation at 43 Degrees North I can tell you that your search parameters can be met. The 1st thing I recommend for my Relocation clients before we actually start evaluating homes, is a Life Style Tour of all of the areas that meet their general parameters. Usually this takes part of the 1st day. Once we have your preferred locations prioritized, we can define the best choices in those areas and discuss value and potential for resale appreciation of each of the options. If you would like to be counseled rather than SOLD I would be happy to furnish you the names of my last few clients and you can ask them about my service and credentials/expertise. The Boise Valley Market is tight right now with only 25% of normal inventory, so selections and options will tend to be a short list fitting your parameters. You should also know that the market is a seller's market now and it will be important to be proactive in preparing for a purchase, so that you are not beat out on a well thought out good purchase.

Please contact me below and we can coordinate your schedule and get you started with advance information and strategy for your success.

Dale Alverson
39 year Career Exclusive Buyer Agent
Director of Relocation
43 Degrees North Real Estate
http://www.43re.com
dale@teamboise.com
Direct Cell 208-863-3093
Representing your interests 1st
Sharon Walker, Agent, Meridian, ID
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Congratulations on your move to Boise. I am confident you will love it here. We have great biking opportunities that you will enjoy.
Based on your criteria of a 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, basement home, there are four homes currently active within ten miles of St. Alphonsus Hospital. There are another 4 homes that are single level with a bonus room. These homes range in age and area but would be in the price range you are wanting also.
If you would like to do a search at your convenience, please visit my website and log in and search the area. You will be able to see what is available with your criteria and keep tabs on the market.
If you would like me to send you these listings I mentioned, just send me an email and I will get those out to you.
Thank you for your time.
Aaron Catt, Agent, Meridian, ID
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hello pgvyclist,

You've picked a pretty great area to move to, especially for the active lifestyle you're pursuing. Boise is a pretty bicycle friendly place, but not every area has good access to the Ridge to Rivers (RtR) trails. There's a couple places though that would be better than others, especially if you're commuting to the Hospital as well. As a guideline, not a rule, the closer you get to RtR trailheads, the higher the cost of the home. We have close family friends who recently had a very similar criteria--they wanted a larger home, close to trails, but not off the grid :)...fortunately they found it and within the same pricing and configuration that you're seeking!

If you're interested in having someone help you find the perfect place because they share the same passion for outdoors and know what you're looking for, then let me know! I know the RtR well and know the neighborhoods that can access them effortlessly (even those without HOA's ;) ). I'm a native Boisean, so I'm familiar with the "good, better, best" and would love to help you out.

Feel free to contact me at 208-724-7602 or email me at aaronc@johnlscott.com
Tim Burroughs, Agent, Meridian, ID
Thu Apr 4, 2013
You are fortunate in that the area around St. Al's Hospital doesn't have many neighborhoods with organized HOA or dues. Also, you mentioned that you would like to have a basement and in that part of town there are homes with basements. Your price range seems to be in order for that area as well.

I have the ability to find homes along the Ridge to Rivers path and deliver those listings to you.

I have nineteen years experience and over 1,100 clients served as a Realtor. I also was a real estate appraiser for four completed 1,200 appraisal assignments.

Let me know how I can use this information to help you find the house you want to own. Send me an e-mail off-line to Tim@TimBurroughsGroup.com and I'll work hard for you.
Joseph Newby, Agent, Boise, ID
Thu Apr 4, 2013
I have done a lot of tours for the hospital over the years, many of the doctors are looking for the same thing, the good thinmg is it can be found, and have show many clients home that meet your requirements, Boise, is not like other cities with HOA, but they are older homes, with that said I am sure that we will find what you want. If you will e-mail your e-mail address to me I will send you some home that fit your requirements, my address is newby.joe@gmail.com.

Thank you!
Joe Newby
Associate Broker/GRI/CSP
(208) 870-6730
Silvercreek Realty Group
Steven Young, , Boise, ID
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hi pgcyclist!

First, congrats on moving to Boise. My family and I moved here ourselves three years ago and it has been one of the best decisions we made!

There are a lot of homes in the area you are talking about without HOA dues. If you want to send me an email at Steven@StevenTheRealtor.com I can send you a customized list of homes with your specific guidelines that will be perfect for you. Or, give me a call at 208-340-6268.