I am planning to buy a home in SSF and looking mostly at buri buri and westborough. Is parkway area a good neighborhood?

Asked by Bella, South San Francisco, CA Tue Jun 14, 2011

Answers

4
Perrick86, Home Buyer, South San Francisco, CA
Sat Dec 26, 2015
I have lived in Winston Manor area which is a skip from Buri area and Westborough. Honestly, if your family is small and not looking for oversized, then Buri Buri would be good. The elementary and middle schools are walking distance pretty much and one of the high schools is also close so if thats a factor for you its another positive. It is very quiet at night, stores are close, police and fire is right there also. Westborough is ok, but, I wouldnt tell somebody to buy a home there. Its dirty, and used by many residence as there personal dumps. Many gang members and thugish punks are taking it over, whoever developed the area was an idiot and EVERYTHING from Westborough Blvd going north is jammed packed with the houses so close together, no privacy. The worst thing is many of hoses closer to Skyline Blvd are destroyed from mold due to constant fog and wet weather. Stick with Buri area honestly, a life long resident in Winston Manor area who is not looking for the commission, hoping it helped
Jeff Teperme…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 27, 2012
I work in S San Francisco / Daly City almost every day and also I live close-buy. To get the feel of the neighborhood, one has to actually visit and see, and listen, etc. I'm providing you with a link from my website, where you could actually read what locals say, check on the crime rate, etc.
http://sf-bay-area-homes.com/HOME_BUYERS/SF_Bay_Area_Crime_S…
If you want further assistance please contact me directly.
Web Reference:  http://sf-bay-area-homes.com
Oscar Bautis…, Agent, South San Francisco, CA
Thu Jun 23, 2011
We live very close to this area, we live and work in South San Francisco, please call us so we can give you information regarding areas in South San Francisco. Thanks.
Oscar and Lina.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jun 15, 2011
A good neighborhood should be defined/dictated by personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; if unfamiliar with the area do take the time and visit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc., then make your determination.