Micheal A, Home Buyer in Louisiana

I am planning on buying a house on the 16th street in buffalo. Please let me know if you think this is a good

Asked by Micheal A, Louisiana Mon Oct 29, 2007

I want to know if the area has a potential to grow or not. Thanks for your time.

Answers

3
Nancy Kenlon, Agent, Orchard Park, NY
Fri Nov 2, 2007
Hi Micheal A,

I think you have choosen a very interesting area in which to develop. As a local realtor, I am really excited about the new developments being made in the City of Buffalo. Although it may be a changing neighborhood, I think that the probability of it being a change for the better are quite good. I am a life long resident here and have heard for too many years of the resurge that is suppose to happen downtown. I took a recent tour of the development that is newly completed, in development and proposed and I must admit, I think we are closer than we have ever been to that resurge! Let me know if I can help
Web Reference:  http://www.wnyhomesales.com
Tom Kujawa, Both Buyer And Seller, Buffalo, NY
Thu Nov 1, 2007
Michael A,
I am a carpenter that has done some significant work on 16th street in buffalo. This is between York and Connecticut. If you are looking between these streets this is a very interesting neighborhood between a bunch of not so good ones. Great people on this block. All buying homes at amazingly low prices and really fixing them up. I just completed first floor remodel for great client. Hardwood floors, restored 100 year old doors, sun room, first floor laundry. Tool, Pantry and clothes closet. Completed Upstairs in 2003 and built front porch for fella 99' or 00'. Tom K. ----K-Arc Design, LLC
Ute Ferdig -…, Agent, New Castle, DE
Mon Oct 29, 2007
Hello Michael. If I were to invest in Buffalo I would contact the local law enforcement agency and ask about crime statistics for the area that you are considering. I would also make sure that the house you are buying has been updated. There are a lot of very old homes in Buffalo and while the prices appear very affordable, you can end up buying a bottomless pit if you have to replace the plumbing, electrical and make other repairs and upgrades.