Raulft2, Home Owner in Little Rock, AR

I am planing on relocate to Boca Raton next July. I'm 36 married with one baby girl on the way. My budget is up to 1000000 to buy or 6000 to

Asked by Raulft2, Little Rock, AR Sat Sep 1, 2012

rent. Should I buy or rent and what area would be best. My contract is for 3 years to start. We like the city life, restaurant, stores, galleries, etc. I do play golf but don't want to buy a membership for 100000 dollars. What do you guys recommend????

Answers

20
Stevens & Ma…, Agent, Centerville, MA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Find a qualified agent in Boca Raton and they will guide you into your dream home!
Ask a local realtor for a referal.
Flag Tue Oct 9, 2012
Use an experienced agent.
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
Thanks for responding
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
Jennifer Sus…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Dear Raulft2,

Welcome to Boca Raton.

Boca Raton is conveniently located between West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. West Palm Beach is only about 25 miles North, Fort Lauderdale is only 25 minutes south, and Miami, less than an hour away, which offer a nightlife second to none, in addition to notable art museums.
There is fabulous entertainment around town, culture, recreational activity, stylish shopping, fantastic restaurants and outdoor fun one can experience in South Florida. For the water lover, south Florida is the Yachting capital of the world! There are exciting offshore excursions, waterskiing and windsurfing -each to be enjoyed in the warm waters of the Atlantic. For the land lovers, experience championship golf courses and amazing country clubs!

Discover more about Boca Raton, and it's neighborhoods here: http://www.agentboca.com/SWFL/boca-raton/
If you can tell me more about what you're looking for (active social calendar, amenities, etc)...I may be able to assist in narrowing down a better option for you.

Sincerely yours,
Jen Sommers
Jennifer Sommers, Nestler Poletto Sotheby's International Realty
One South Ocean Boulevard, Suite 11 ⃓ Boca Raton, Florida 33432

O. 561.819.2958 ⃓ C. 786.390.9299 ⃓ F. 561.997.2614
Jen@AgentBoca.com ⃓ http://www.AgentBoca.com
Web Reference:  http://www.AgentBoca.com
Patricia DeC…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
First I think you should buy. I feel the bottom of the market is here and your value will improve. I would try to only use $600,000 to purchase In low or no HOA Neighborhood & $400,000 for maintenence, Golf, and fun! Call me!
Sandra Gold, Agent, Wellington, FL
Mon Sep 10, 2012

There are lots of great places that would fit all your wishlist items for lifestyle.

If you would like to receive a complete list of homes and info on the area please feel free to contact me.

Sandra Gold- Realtor
The Infiniti Group International
DestinationDreamHome@gmail.com
Great Response Sandra!
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Mon Sep 10, 2012
-
Raul,

You can contact 1000 Lenders and Mortgage Brokers and you'll likely find I'm the only one that has a NICHE like this below.

Just like realtors do when they refer buyers to their “Preferred" Lenders," I do the same for my borrowers to help them save Thousands of Dollars in otherwise Forfeited Equity in real estate commission points!

I encourage you to shop this GFB through 10 realtors in advance to see who is willing to beat it, match it... OR... at very least, come close to offering this savings to buyers when other realtors will.

FLORIDA REALTOR' GFB (Good Faith Bid)

Est. Purchase Price: $1,000,000

Est. Buyer’s Agent credit to Buyer= $20,000

Buyer Requests Credit to be applied towards: (choose 5 items)

_X__ Closing Costs

_X__ Attorney Representation for Buyer

_X__ Rate Reduction to desired rate of: _______% (fill in rate)

___ Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy Gift Card

_X__ Home Warranty

___ Home Improvement / Repairs

___ Debt payoff

___ Moving Company

_X__ Other: _new appliances and monthly lawn care

CHOOSE FROM LIST BELOW

pay towards down payment (on certain programs)
pay for the 1st full year of home ins.
pay for taxes and ins. escrows
pay for home repairs
pay off credit card debt and auto loans
pay off collections and judgments
pay to lower the sales price
pay for new furniture
pay to upgrade all new appliances
pay for home remodeling and additions
pay to have home painted
pay for weekly pool maintenance
pay for credit repair
pay for landscaping
pay for monthly lawn care
pay for new A/C system
…and/or even pay prior realtor for their efforts

NOTE: consumers should shop lenders aa well as realtors for their Best Overall Deal.

The Florida Real Estate Commission(FREC) Rule 61J2-10.028 (2) provides that>>> a licensee may share brokerage compensation with a party to a transaction as long as full disclosure is given to all interested parties.

US Dept. of Justice Consumer Alert: Consumers Can Save Thousands of Dollars in Commissions
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/florida.html
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/commission-tab…

Contact me and I’ll introduce you to realtors who offer Buyer’s Agent Credit savings anywhere in FL.

Steve McRory

Pro Option Mortgage

http://www.pro-option.com

steve@pro-option.com

Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
Izel Venture…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Sep 8, 2012
Boca is an amazing place to live. Oddly enough people from up North travel to Florida looking for a deal, start out by looking at different areas and end up in Boca Raton. Need I say more.
yomarisl, Home Buyer, Boca Raton, FL
Fri Sep 7, 2012
As an old Orange county CA. resident, I will suggest that you should buy or rent in Mill Pond or Timber Creek .Which Those two you can not go wrong . Boca is nice but is not that glamours as people protey, some part of the city is dirty and tacky. The only people that think Boca is the best are people who came down here from the cold north.
Russ Greenbe…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi Raul,
If your credit is good then the time now is a great opportunity with all time low interest rates, and prices now are half of what they were in 2006. There are some lower priced golf memberships here but besides that there is a new beauitful course at a county owned recreational park and several city run and owned courses which have had multi million dollar makeovers recently too. There some nice homes available in your range on nice golf course communites too. If you want help with buying with a Realtor who lives in and knows the area well I will be glad to assist you and send you a list of homes that match your criteria. We are a full service company with mortgage, Title, and Insurance services. Feel free to contact me to discuss your needs.

Russ Greenberg, Realtor RELO "Experience Counts" Florida's Real Estate Leader since 1926,
30 offices serving South FL
(561) 445-8782 -direct

Keyes Real Estate, Mortgage, Title, & Insurance
Boca Blue Lake Office
1200 Yamato Rd Suite B-1
Boca Raton, FL 33431
House, Home Buyer, Florida State, FL
Sun Sep 2, 2012
As a Boca resident, not into real estate, i can say Boca is a wonderful area to fit all ur needs and likes. As far as renting vs. buying that's ur choice. First, u need to come and spend a day looking at areas. I would look at all the communities off clint moore road. They are all beautiful and family filled. This area is a short drive to either Boca's or Delray's "city showcase". Remember it is still a buyers' market here and there are still lots of good buys but make sure that what u choose is a community that fits ur needs.Good luck!
Smart answers... review the area for your own.. I like the area around Clint Moore.. However most of this area is country club! Great deals but the equity is costly - and membership expenses never end! ~ It's a lifestyle - live it!
Flag Sun Sep 2, 2012
Cynthia Spra…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Raul,
First, the Bar-B-Q...Unfortunately you won't get anywhere near the quality as Little Rock, but all the other tastes of Boca are wonderful. Depending on your office location, I expect East Boca would be the ideal destination. I recently relocated a couple from Wichita and they "love love" Boca. No need to do $100k memberships as there are better and more diverse options in town. Rent vs. Buy? It's true the market conditions are ideal to purchase and in 3 years you're virtually assured a decent investment return, but there are so many choices in style and location that my recommendation would be to rent. For $6,000/month, you can find a good variety of $1,000,000 plus homes that give you a good dose of the area and gives you time to explore for the best investment that suits you. I think you'll "love love" Boca, my family has for 20 years.

Cynthia Spray-Kleier, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Boca Beach Office
561-306-0768
Nitza Ramos, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Dear Raul,

I suppose that you chose Boca Raton for a reason, maybe it's because you'll be closer to your new job. Boca Raton is wonderful city and has excellent schools. If you are not familiar with the area and you don't know yet whether you would like to stay after your 3 year contract I would rent first and have the opportunity to get to know the area well.

On the other hand, there are many good opportunities to purchase properties at this moment and you could buy a house for a lower price now that perhaps you'll be able to sell later and make a profit.

I suggest you find a Realtor that can show you some rentals in the area as well as a few houses for sale and maybe that will help you make up your mind.

I wish you good luck, and if you need further assistance please call me at 954-856-3156.

Nitza Ramos
Realtor & Lic. Community Association Manager
East Coast Realty Group LLC
11820 Miramar Pkwy
Miramar, FL 33025
Direct: 954-856-3156
Fax: 954-934-9530
Website: http://www.nrcv.com
**Blog: ask4realtor.blogspot.com
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Dear Raul,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. You may be firmly tied in to Boca and there are some great options there but you might also consider a remarkable lifestyle a bit further north in Palm Beach County.The best place I can point you is a brief article I did about the area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

With your budget you have plenty of options and deciding how important a role golf will play in your life. Almost all private clubs are trying to locate younger members as the baby boom generation does not have the same desire to play golf 5 days a week like their parents do. Understanding the dynamics of this shift and finding a club that fits your needs is important when defining the needs of you and your family.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Gary and Kar…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Great answer Steve...

Raul...

Why rent when the market is in your favor...

I am a full time Realtor and a full time resident here almost 25 years...

A sports nut - I know the parks and recreational areas...
Golf courses are everywhere here...

I know the market - community offerings - history ...

In addition I fully understand financial markets and am very tuned in to ROI and protecting principal.

You can go to my site http://www.garyyoungman.com and create an account and set property triggers using filters and "drill" down on your desires!.. The system will send you emails periodically with properties that meet your preferences..

Any questions... Call Gary (561) 306-7653
Sun Sep 2, 2012
-
Raul,

Renting at a time when South FL real estate is going back up in value may be a huge misstake! Why miss out on this time in history to get the deal of your life in paradise?

QUESTION: If you could purchase a home once valued at 1.8 mil for 1 mil, with 20% down, rates in the mid to upper 3% range, total payment under $4,000 mo. with closing costs paid for you and 1st payment not due for over a month after you move in, would this work? (Note: there are also 10% down options for qualified borrowers)

Look at buying now, homestead the property, benefit from any interest tax write off saving you can and in 3 yrs, if you sell for approx. 1.5 mil, you and your wife could walk with approx. ½ million dollars TAX FREE!

Consider this... A person would have to gross approx. $850,000 just to net $500,000, not counting tax write off savings and Quality of Life living in their own home.

Read my post below on this thread about how to get YOUR BEST DEAL and contact me today to talk about options.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
==
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Sat Sep 1, 2012
Hi Raul,

There are several communities where you can get a lot of house in your budget range.

What do you and your wife desire in a home? How large? How many bedrooms and baths? Gated community or not?

There's a wonderful new community called the Bridges where you can have a brand new house built to your specifications. You get to choose all the upgrades you desire and have the house ready for you for next July.

I'd love to hear from you. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to help you find a wonderful new home for next year.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
http://www.floridahouseseller.com
Sat Sep 1, 2012
-
Florida Mortgage Broker Responds with advice nobody else will offer

Raulft2,

SIMPLE WAY TO GET YOUR BEST OVERALL DEAL:

1. First, contact any realtor you think you like listen to what they say they will do for you. Then ask them to refer you to their “Preferred” or “In-House” Lender. Listen to what they can offer, let them explain their best purchase strategy and ask for their loan quote on an estimated sales price and on a TBD (To Be Determined) property.

2. Contact me and I’ll present my best purchase strategy, show you what me and my realtor partners can do for you, so you can then compare which team offers the best purchase strategy and best overall deal.

Consumer are shocked at the difference they find with such little up front effort!

WHAT MY REALTOR PARTNERS CAN DO:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/09/gfb_1_000_000_purchase

WHAT I CAN DO:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/07/2012_loan_progra…

SHOP MULTIPLE REALTORS AND LENDERS FOR YOUR BEST OVERALL DEAL!

Call me, I actually answer and return phone calls.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
Pat Palmer, Agent, Delray Beach, FL
Sat Sep 1, 2012
Given what you are looking for, Boca Raton is the answer. It's a WONDERFUL city with lots of golfing, great schools, restaurants, and water sports. Most importantly, Boca fits well with your budget.
If you would like, feel free to access my MLS for Boca. You can search,save and look more deeply into the area. You will find that in the web link below.

I hope this helps.

Pat Palmer-Broker Associate
Boca's Best Broker

Direct 786-286-6557

Keller Williams
2424 N. Federal Hwy #318
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Karen Sussman, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Sep 1, 2012
Delray Beach was just named "MOST FUN SMALL CITY" by Rand McNally & USA Today.
Competing against 650 cities nationwide Delray Beach was chosen and recognized as a great place for all ages. Downtown Delray Beach is a vibrant and lively place with many things to offer.
There are numerous gourmet restaurants and side walk cafes with a variety of cuisines to choose from. In addition to many excellent dining venues downtown Delray has many fine shops, art galleries and culture events. Once a month a portion of Atlantic Avenue is blocked off allowing for foot traffic only. Live music and art exhibits fill the street. Also throughout the year Delray features several Arts & Crafts shows with artists and craftsmen from across the country displaying their work.
Email me at ks1818@att.net & I will be happy to send you information on homes in the area.
Marilyn Farb…, Agent, BOYNTON BEACH, FL
Sat Sep 1, 2012
Boca Raton has all A-Rated Schools and many wonderful communities. There are waterfront buildings from which you can stroll to downtown Boca with 2 dozen+ restaurants, galleries, boutiques, salons, and outdoor concerts in Mizner Park and at the amphitheatre - outdoor dining there too. Can send you listings - let me know if you have a pet and weight if you do, how many bedrooms and anything else you want to have within the complex.

There are outdoor activities galore and several pretty golf courses (public) in both Boca and Delray Beach that you would enjoy playing.

With prices the way they are, BUY NOW. Rentals are scarce. Prices are just starting up and it appears you will have nice appreciation a few years from now.

Looking forward to the possibility of working with you, Raul, and finding you the home of your dreams.

Early good wishes for happiness with your forthcoming little girl. What joy she will bring you!

Marilyn Jacobs
Jeffrey Ray & Associates
561-302-3388
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com

See http://www.MarilynJacobs.com to EXPLORE THE AREA
For waterfront condos: http://www.FL WaterfrontCondos.com
For country clubs including NON Equity: http://www.FloridaLuxuryCountryClubs.com
Sat Sep 1, 2012
-
See this quick list of loan programs at http://www.pro-option.com

I will respond more later

-