I am on Social Security disability and a single mother and have poor credit from medical bills. Can I buy a house?

Asked by Fibrofemme, Thu Apr 26, 2012

Are there grants or loans to help me as a first time buyer?

Answers

6
Paul May, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Apr 26, 2012
We would first need to work on the credit and the seek out the programs that fit your needs-
Text or email me- and I will place you with the people who can help you.
Paul May
Web Reference:  http://www.mayteamlv.com
Valerie Full…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hello Fibrofemme,

You can buy a house, however, depending on what you mean by [poor] credit it may not be right now. You DO have options right now though. First things first, you should contact a great lender and one that works with CCCS [Consumer Credit Counseling Services). CCCS has a list of great lenders that can help you. CCCS will help you to balance your current budget, make payments on debt,make saving for a home esier and help you to control any outstanding bills.

CCCS will help evaluate your credit and tell you what you need to do, to get your credit together. They then will work directly with the lender to help you with a down payment and closing costs assistance program. This is a program designed to help you get into a house. It's a great program for people on a fixed incomes.

You DESERVE the American dream of home ownership and you can there. I would definitely recommend you speak to someone at CCCS first, there is NO CHARGE and they will help you with the first step, just tell them your goals and make it happen!

I'm glad to see you want to buy a house, many people on fixed incomes have done it, but it will take a bit of work.

Good luck and have a wonderful day!
Robin Gray, , Las Vegas, NV
Fri Apr 27, 2012

If you want to purchase your first home, at some point you will want to begin putting your credit back together. Perhaps working with a specialist in this area. There are some great non-profits out there who can help you get back on track with those medical bills and other debt. However, be very careful before giving anyone money up front. You may also want to talk to an attorney or appropriate expert about a bankruptcy.

The VERY good news is that families can & do come back from poor financial situations everyday. There are excellent financing programs for those who've filed bankruptcy, had a short sale or a foreclosure. The key is to fix the current situation and then begin to re-establish your credit. It is possible to qualify for mortgage loans after just a couple years.

Matthew D'Er…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Please call so we can go over all the options you have. My wife and I can help you in some way. Call any time after 8am. Matt and Kim

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves".
Know the Constitution & Bill of Rights.
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu Apr 26, 2012
It's doubtful but there are some places to check. I would recommend you contact Habitat for Humanity that specialzes in low income housing. There is also Home Path by H.U.D. that might be able to assist you.
The website for Habitat is http://:www.habitat.org Hud (housing and urban Development) is portal.hud.gov .

Best of luck to you.
Suzie Marqua…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Apr 26, 2012
If the credit is bad you probably will not be able to purchase. But it would not hurt to give a lender your information and see if you can qualify for a loan. I have seen people who thought things were worse that they actually were. Then you will have a credit report that shows everything. So you use that credit report as your road map to start fixing the issues on your credit. Make sure you ask for a copy. Then you will be ready to purchase. Everything can be fixed. If I can help or answer any questions I am here to help!
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Realty One Group
702-234-7653