I am non-resident in USA, can I buy a house in NJ?

Asked by F., New Jersey Mon Oct 3, 2011

I am non-resident in USA, can I buy a house in NJ? If yes, I'd become the resident and get a green card? If yes, how much money I have to spend? What kind of paper I have to prepare?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Maria Amaral, Agent, Hamburg, NJ
Tue Oct 4, 2011
Yes, you can buy property, this process will not make you a legal resident and obtain a green card. You must consult an immigration attorney..
0 votes
Monet Floro, , New Jersey
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Yes, you can but you have to have cash money; I would suggest that you talk to a lawyer to answer all your concerns. I know some lawyers who can help you they even give you free consultations if you want. i have some friends who did the same thing. Feel free to contact me , good luck to you.
0 votes
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Yes you can buy a home if you have enough money.For your green card you may talk to an immigration attorney.Good luck.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more