shanchloencj, Home Buyer in Greenville, SC

I am new at this. Ive been renting for almost 4 years & want to buy a house. Where do I start?

Asked by shanchloencj, Greenville, SC Fri Feb 1, 2013

I know many people say to start with a lender and yes, I agree, getting prequalified for the mortgage will let you know if you are in a position to buy and what price range. However, many times you as a potential homeowner may not know where to find a good lender. As real estate agents we work with lenders all of the time and of course hear from other agents about the good ones and the bad ones. It may be a good idea to find an agent you will work well with so that they can refer a good mortgage lender. When looking for an agent make sure it is someone you feel comofortable working with - you will need to feel like they are listening to your needs and wants and you need to feel comfortable expressing them. Buying a home really is a dream come true and fun experience - enjoy!

You should always start with a mortgage broker first. Not a good idea to make an offer on a home and then find out you are not qualified. need to check your credit, income, and source of down payment to determine which program you may qualify.

Minimum of 3% down payment for conventional financing has to be from your own funds, sourced for 60 days. 3.5% down payment for FHA financing can be a gift of money from your family , and USDA/VA financing is 100% with no down payment required. USDA limitations on income by county /State plus the property address has to be in an eligible area. VA (Veteran) is 100% with no PMI and a great option if you are a qualifying veteran.

You can call me 864-527-8900 x 128 - Rhonda Cameron to do a pre-qualify. or go to our website
http://www.horizonfinancialinc.com to fill out an online application.

Well actually you have already started. Now it's about finding quality professionals to help guide you through the rest of the process. Here at Jones Realty we are dedicated to guiding you, as well as advising you from start, to well after the closing is done. Give me a call, would love to help.

Good luck in your process
Hi. I'd love to help you find your home. As a long te resident, I'm knowledgable of the area as well as the local market. I promise I will make the process as fun and easy as I can. You can reach me at 864-916-8360. Or denise.riddle@allentate.com.
So many ways to get in the game.... If your wanting to get in or you are going to get in the game. Then your timing is great! It is the time to get in that is for sure. Don't miss the early boat. The late boat cost you much more and has many holes in the bottom.

I would say don't get caught up in getting a house at max someone can get you a loan for. Or the big fancy house on the block. I know it looks nice and it's what everyone thinks they want. But remember most people want to get wealthy also. You max out on a house & loan. Your likely not going the way of getting wealthy. You might look wealthy(er).

Your house working for you is by miles better than you working for it.....

We have a number of ways to get people in houses (big or small). Such as rent to own paid off in 10 yrs. or just rent as you pay off the house quicker or longer. Or go to the lender type houses. Depending on what you are looking for or need.

Your welcome to call Marie at 864-915-8830. She can see if what we have can work for you or if not what might be a good way for you to roll. She is easy to speak with and no stress or games. Our web site is http://www.urhome.info Hope this helped!
Web Reference: http://www.urhome.info
Sorry 2nd interview 2 mortgage brokers typing on my phone in Costco :)
Agreed. Find a mortgage broker. This broker can tell you what you qualify for and what your monthly payments would be. If you don't qualify, a good broker will work with you on correcting your credit so you can.

Once you find out what you qualify for, it's time to talk to a Realtor. A Realtor will help you find what you want that fits into your budget and guide you through the closing process.

There are 2 items to start with one interview a couple of agents to ensure you end up with an agent that knows the market and the process very well. The second thing is interview and get get 2 good faith estimates (GFE) when you get the GFE make sure it has an APR on it this way you can compare apples to apples.

J Michael Manley Team
You'll need to get approved for a loan first. Find a good mortgage lender in your area and ask them to help. This process may take a week to a couple months. Then find a realtor in your area you can trust. With a budget in mind and a good realtor you can find the perfect home for yourself!