I am moving to the area, and was wondering if there were any schools / centers that offered therapies for children with special needs.

Asked by Mbck1999, Pottstown, PA Thu Mar 29, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Brenda Burk, Home Buyer, West Lawn, PA
Fri Feb 8, 2013
they do give therapy at who hills but other places in area will only do short term basis--
0 votes
Loretta Leib…, Agent, West Lawn, PA
Wed Sep 5, 2012
There are many good websites that compare schools and their services, try http://www.greatschools.org/ or http://www.schooldigger.com/
0 votes
Lisa Tiger, Agent, Reading, PA
Thu Mar 29, 2012
I believe the Wyomissing schools and Wilson schools (both in Berks County) offer some programs for special needs students...I suggeat you call to find out more. I will also do some additional research to see if any other school districts do as well. Best, Lisa
0 votes
Valerie Mack…, Agent, Wyomissing, PA
Thu Mar 29, 2012
There are quite a few school districts that have good accommodation for children with special needs - I myself moved to the Wilson School district for that very reason. However, here in Berks County, we have the Berks County Intermediate Unit (BCIU - here's a link to their site: http://www.berksiu.org/Pages/AboutBCIU.aspx) which comes to the school itself if a child needs a lot of help.

Also, there are some great resources here in the area for children with special needs, including a wonderful practice called the Center for Pediatric Therapy, which has some great programs for children under the Autism Spectrum/Sensory Processing, etc.

If you'd like more information on Berks County school districts, please don't hesitate to contact me (my cell phone is 610-207-0172) or e-mail me and I will do my best to get you the information you need.

Good luck with your relocation.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more