I am moving to Canyon Country with my 10 yr old. i am told that there is alot of home burgleries and

Asked by Roe, Valencia, CA Mon Nov 10, 2008

shootings and drugs in the immediate area of town Canyon country. I will be moving to Flo lane. Can anyone tell me how safe or unsafe that area really is?

Thank you

Answers

5
Lyla Cavanau…, , Venice, CA
Sat Aug 8, 2009
My girlfriend just finisned building a custom home in the Mint canyon area. There was a home invasion of a house up the hill from her where two girls lived. I wasn't told what specifically happened to them but they were in a more isolated area on the dirt Plum Canyon fire road.
A guy came up to my house in Venice, CA two weeks ago and demanded I let thim in he said "I am a college student and am doing a survey." He was big and burly. When I told him "I cannot let you in" he said " When can you let me in? I will come back." I knew from reading the local paper this was a ruse being practiced in our area for home invasions so I was heads up.
Joel Javan, , Santa Clarita, CA
Tue Nov 11, 2008
I agree with Renee, Melanie and Bill because people should practice safety anyway, regardless of where they are. I'm curious to find out who told you those scary stories about burglaries and shootings though - not the same Canyon Country I know.

Definitely get stats about the area. Also, I'd like to add that I have friends who have been living several years now on Hummingbird Circle and so I asked them and they don't know anything about what you are describing.

Anyway, it sounds like you're already moving there regardless of what the true story is, so that takes us back to safety practices.

Good luck and if you have any real estate or mortgage needs, you can give me a call or email me.

Cheers!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Nov 11, 2008
Hi Roe,

You can never be too safe............

We recommend that you get in touch with the local police department or county sheriff's department. They have access to the most up to date and accurate information and are generally very willing to be helpful.

good luck,
The "Eckler Team"
Melanie Mcsh…, , 91342
Tue Nov 11, 2008
To get the best picture of the crime in the area, I would recommend that you call the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Department. They have community relations officers who can give you information on the specific neighborhood where you will be living. Their phone number is 661-255-1121.
As Renee Page mentioned, do what you can to keep yourself safe. Make sure to be aware of your surroundings, lock your doors, and do not leave valuables in your car.

Best of luck to you with your move!
Renee Page, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Tue Nov 11, 2008
Hello Roe,
Canyon Country (Flo Lane condos) is part of Santa Clarita, which has consistently been rated by the FBI as one of the top 10 safest areas in the United States for towns with over 100,000 in population. No place in the US is perfect. Lock your car and home as you would anywhere else and I hope you will be very happy! Are you buying on Flo Lane or renting? If I can help you in anyway let me know. Take care-