Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

tareq.almagh…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

I am moving from boston to houston soon, and i well be working at the texas medical center I have 2 kids, and I am thinking about buying a house.

Asked by tareq.almaghrabi, Houston, TX Tue May 28, 2013

I am looking for areas with short commute to the medical center with also good schools.

Answers

18
Jeff Cox’s answer
Hello Tareq,

You probably will want to put Shadow Creek on your list of possible neighborhoods. Good schools, close to the medical center, new shopping places being built with new and preowned homes available. The City of Bellaire is a wonderful location with good schools. Needless to say it will depend on what features, size of home and price range you want to be in. A doctor client of mine lives in Fall Creek and she tells me she gets to her office in the medical center quickly and with little problem.

If you would like assistance, please contact me.

Jeff Cox
Better Homes and Gardens Real Esatate Gary Greene
Cell 713-240-2044
Off 713-961-1722
Email jeffcox@garygreene.com
Hi Tareq,

If you can give me more details regarding the age of your children I can advise you better on the schools and neighborhoods. I live within 15 min. from the Med Center and can help you find the right home for you and your family.

Check out my profile at http://www.lucieogdee.com

Glad you are moving to our vibrant welcoming city!
Good morning. My wife also works in the med center (MD Anderson) and I am very familiar with commute times as well as neighborhoods closer to the center. There are many age ranges and price levels, so you really have to narrow it down. It would be best if you choose one of us and let us begin working with you. The Houston market is extremely "hot" and homes coming on the market are sometimes sold before they make it on the MLS system. That means you really need to be ready to put a contract on any house that you want and very little time to just think about it. Be certain to get your financing lined up before you begin looking. I can help you with that also.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
http://www.yournewhomehouston.com
arnold@yournewhomehouston.com
713-396-2017
I know there are a lot of answers to comb through already, so I'll keep it brief. If you have not already hired an agent to work in your best interest, I would be happy to assist you in relocating to the perfect home. If you are looking for someone with expertise in negotiation, then I think I would be a good fit for you. Thank you.

Truly,

Brandon Newton, Master Certified Negotiation Expert

Brandon Newton Real Estate/

Amigos Realty

Cell 713.890.9108
Hi Mr. Almaghrabi,

It would be my honor to help you relocate to houston and get you into a nice home. As an accredited buyer's representative, I specialize in helping buyers find their dream homes. All me to serve you and you would definately be delighted. Thank you. Syed Mubashir (832)723-5294. Email: mubashir.syed@gmail.com
Hi Tareq,
Houston is a great city with well established nighborhoods close to the med centers within 10 to 20 min drive with no freeway traffic. I am a native Houstonian who knows all these pockets of neighborhoods differ varied prices.
Call me at 832-274-7043 or email me rochelleharris2000@gmail.com
Rochelle Harris
Re/Max Executives
Hello Mr. Almaghrabi,

I recommend Bellaire, Sugar Land, and Pearland as viable options. Houston is spread out quite a bit and commute is not always as close as you would like it to be. If you get to the Katy and West side of Houston, you have access to Park & Ride Metro that take you to downtown and the Medical Center.

Katy and Sugar Land schools boast high ratings, however, my advise is that you check the schools to see how they rank in different areas.

The market, as you may know has picked up and there are multiple-offer situations very often. Once you have an idea of what your pre-approval budget is, you will be able to focus on specific areas of Houston. Will you be looking for temporary housing first, or are you planning to buy right away?

If you would like specific details, please let me know by calling or emailing at the contact information below.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Tareq, I think you will find the price of houses in Houston vastly different from Boston, you will get more house for less money. The Medical Center is a great area to work in and depending on what schools you require for your children, we should not have a problem finding you a wonderful property. What price range are you looking for? I am assuming that you have been pre-qualified, or perhaps paying cash. The market in Houston is really moving at a very high pace and one must be prepared. I have various areas with short commutes and would appreciate it if you would e-mail me at gail.levin@kw.com for all your needs.
Tareg,

With the children, I would assume you will be looking at schools as well. We can assist you with this as well as looking at homes...resale or new construction. Homes closer to the medical center are pricier than areas outside the 610 loop. Pearland and Sugar Land come into mind for suburbs that could offer homes in a more moderate price range. The trade off is a longer commute. I show in all of these areas.

Have you spoken to a lender to set up financing? Do you know what price range you will be looking in? What about your time frame for moving to Houston?

Houston's market is leaning towards a sellers market with homes selling within just a few days of going on the market if they are nice and priced well. Thus, you need to be as prepared as possible with your financing lined up and plans A, B and C if needed. I have been working with other buyers in these areas and know what you will be facing and how to prepare you for the next step. I can send you a relocation packet in advance of your visit if your interested. Let us know and welcome to Houston!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Thank you
Right now I am waiting for my approval from Bank of America, and I well know my price range by Thursday. How long is the commute from pearland, sugar land from the medical center area. Also do you think bellaire is a good area,
Flag Tue May 28, 2013
How short of a commute do you want? There is a difference between 30 miles and 30 minutes when it comes to Houston traffic, especially in the Texas Medical Center and Downtown area.

There are many homes available around the Texas Medical Center area, as well as condos, lofts and apartment homes.

The outer lying areas, such as Pearland and Sugar Land, are popular with the Texas Medical Center professionals and currently have new residential development. These areas are around 30 miles outside of the Texas Medical Center.

Also, keep in mind the cost of purchase. The Texas Medical Center is prime location and you may find the price of property may be more for that area versus other areas.
I am quite active in the Med Center area and we have a good percentage of the market. We can help you with single family, townhomes or even new construction. And we do have a Relocation Dept.. Please give me a call at 281-684-7244 and we can personally discuss your needs and wants. Thanks, Irby Rozelle, Martha Turner Properties
Hello Tareq,

First welcome to Houston. I will be happy to assist you and your family find a home close to the medical center. If you would provide some information regarding what you want in your next home. Areas that may interest you are West University Place, City of Bellaire, Woodside, Shadow Creek Ranch and possibly the Heights area. There are many options to select from.

Please let me know how I can help.

Have a great day.

Jeff Cox
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
1939 W. Gray
Houston, TX 77019
Cell 713-240-2044
Off 713-961-1722
Email jeffcox@garygreene.com
I live, work, and office in that area. I would be happy to assist in your search. Here is my website. Contact me anytime you like.

http://har.com/nancytervalon
Hi! I have many clients that work in the med center that I have found homes for. Please feel free to contact me @ 832-309-5310 and/or brabels@earthlink.net. I would love to help you and your family find a home. I also have several references from clients in the area. Thanks, Brenna Abels / Keller Williams Realty
If you would post or send your requirements, you will get lots of responses from agents that are knowledgeable in areas that you might be interested in. My website has lots of tools to aid you in investigating areas and schools that you would consider living in.

Check it out and let me know if I can be of assistance:

http://www.har.com/HowardPersky

There are many great ares around this part of town. Im helping another Trulia Client now who will be closing next week relocate to this same area. In order to better help you I will need some more information so that I can do a search for properties. Once you help me get a better Idea of your needs I will be able to email you direct links to available homes. If you would like to search now you can do so here: http://www.househuntinghouston.com/search-all-mls-listings/

I look forward to helping a you and feel free to contact me anytime..

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com
I too relocated to Texas from out of state and I am very sure you'll like it here in Texas. The folks in this state are genuinely nice people and very welcoming. Also Texas is booming, jobs are everywhere, and the education system is simply awesome! I have found the Realtors here to be very accommodating, hard working, and honest. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding getting pre-qualified for a home loan. Other than that good luck!

Best Regards.
Web Reference: http://www.AFN-Loans.com
I can certainly help you out with your search. If you could send me am email at patricia.isom@yahoo.com, telling me exactly what you would like in a home I can start assisting you immediately.