I am married ( 5 years) the mortgage is in just my husband's name I'd like to get the loan in just my name. How can I do that?

Asked by S.P.1961, Grand Rapids, MI Fri May 11, 2012

My husband has bad credit and pays the house payment late. The house is in both of our names. I have excellent credit. The mortgage was in his name when we married and he is paying 7.5 percent. Banks won't remortgage for him or the both of us because of his bad financial habits. How can I get all of this in my name. I want to take out a 10 year loan, not 30, and I can get a low interest rate. Do I try for a new mortgage? I can't refinance since the mortgage is not in my name, according to our credit union.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Joe Sirard, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Mon Jan 7, 2013
You can get a new mortgage in just your name as long as you can qualify on just your income. I can recommend a loan officer who can help. If you are interested you can email me directly at joe.sirard@listtrue.com
0 votes
Stephen Conn…, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Fri May 11, 2012
Talk to a Mortgage broker, rates are substantially below your current rate. If you want a good mortgage reps. information, please email me. remaxmichigan@yahoo.com . Best Regards.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more