I am looking to see if the property I might purchase has Mello-Roos taxes. It is located in Nipomo, CA

Asked by quitykam3, Nipomo, CA Tue Aug 21, 2012

Answers

2
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Aug 21, 2012
quitykam3,

The process of investigation for determining the construction of your tax bill for an individual property, including whether there's any Mello-Roos, is covered below:

"Estimating Property Taxes in CA"
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_ornellas_mba_re_mastersgri/…

However, given Michael's post regarding a possible County Special Assessments update I would call the County even if you do not find Mello-Roos charges based on the process in the blog post above to be sure.

-Steve
Michael Byrd, Agent, Arroyo Grande, CA
Tue Aug 21, 2012
I'm not aware of a Mello Roos district in Nipomo. The county is presently working to update it's website to research special assessment information but that is still a few months off. If you know the address and/or the APN you can look up an exact copy of the property tax bill to see what taxes and special assessments are included.

Hope this is helpful.