Rhoda Clayton, Home Buyer in Bronx, NY

I am looking to rent with the intent to buy. I'm trying to clean up my credit, and try to save. Do you have?

Asked by Rhoda Clayton, Bronx, NY Mon Dec 29, 2008

any programs with homes that rent with the option to buy that property at the end of the lease, and use my rent as part of a down-payment? I hear some realtors have this option.

Answers

4
Sherry, Home Seller, Grand Blanc, MI
Mon Jan 11, 2010
Option to Buy is much different than Intent to Buy. Be sure you understand those differences. Don't give up...there are people out there willing to do this...I am one, only not in your locale. It can be a good deal for both people, but you must have a good background, good job and be able to handle the responsibility. Also being a handyman is a great help. Good luck. To me, a realtor is not one to contact for help in this option...after all, they don't make those big bucks renting!!
John Vrooman, Agent, White Plains, NY
Mon Dec 29, 2008
Rent with OPTION to buy is not common nor easy to find. Lease-Purchase ... Now that may yield better results. You agree to lease for a period of time and then purchase (Some of your rent is applied to down payment/purchase price/closing costs. I suggest that you 1) Speak and work with a mortgage professional who can help you to repair your credit; 2) Once your credit is in better shape...have that same mortgage professional (they helped you!) work with you to obtain a mortgage pre-approval; 3) THEN call a local Realtor and tell them that your ready, willing and able to move forward on a purchase. If possible, stay away from renting! Good luck, and if you have questions about anything...feel free to contact me.
Pascual Paul…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Mon Dec 29, 2008
I work out of White Plains and live in Mt Vernon. I have programs that can help so I would like for you to contact me thru Trulia or my website enclosed. I wish you the best in 2009. Paul
Web Reference:  http://PaulMVPteam.com
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Mon Dec 29, 2008
I don't know about the Bronx or other areas, only Long Island and Queens. With our MLS, you can do searches for homes that are rent with the option to buy. There are also programs that will give assistance to first time home buyers. Please give me a call or send me an email to discuss this further. Thanks and happy new year!

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com