I am looking to purchase a home in a gated community in Boca. I don't know were to begin ?

Asked by Félix Bédard, Boynton Beach, FL Sat Jan 19, 2013

Also a community with small fees without mandatory membership fees. Gated would be perfect.

Answers

24
Nadine Mauro’s answer
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi Felix,

It's simple. Begin with me.

Let's meet for coffee, a soda, tea, etc. We can have the time to discuss exactly what you would like in a home. We can discuss size, # bedrooms & baths, location, amenities.

We can talk online for hours, or meet face to face and decide if we feel comfortable working with each other. Once I get a feel for your wants and needs we can head off in the right direction. Give me a call and we can schedule a convenient time to discuss your housing future.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Kirsten Priz…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon May 4, 2015
If you know where you want to buy a home in Boca, find an agent that specializes in the area you want to move to.
Jeri Patrick, Agent, Pooler, GA
Mon May 4, 2015
I would start with contact a local real estate agent to represent you in this process. Best of luck
Marcio Wilges, Home Owner, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 3, 2015
I think that if you're intending to move to a gated community, the first thing you would need to do is to find out more about the particular ones that you have your eye on. The activities and facilities, the people (meaning the age and the denomination and any other income requirements etc). Why not get an expert property agent to help you do the research? And make sure that you have enough money too!
Jennifer Sus…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Dear FelixCol17,

Here are your guard gated communities:
http://www.agentboca.com/gated-communities-in-boca-raton-florida/

If you tell me your price range, it's my absolute pleasure to assist.

Sincerely yours,
Jen Sommers

Jennifer Sommers, Nestler Poletto Sotheby's International Realty
One South Ocean Boulevard, Suite 11 ⃓ Boca Raton, Florida 33432

O. 561.235.7777⃓ C. 786.390.9299 ⃓ F. 561.997.2614
Jen@AgentBoca.com ⃓ http://www.AgentBoca.com

"Artfully Uniting Extraordinary Properties with Extraordinary Lives"
Jim Plotkin…, Agent, Deerfield Beach, FL
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Hi Felix,
Yes as you can see there are alot of gated communities. There are some that you don't have to be a member of a country club so that could save you thousands if you don't want one. So look at all the answers and call a couple of us and then choose one of us to help you and I am sure you will find the home that you desire. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Jim Plotkin
561-856-2880
REMAX COMPLETE SOLUTIONS
jimmysellshomes@aol.com
http://www.jimplotkin.com
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Sun Feb 10, 2013
=
Felix,

I'm a Mortgage Broker who can refer you to very professional realtors that can help you fine the your best deal in Boca.

....BUT!!! But before you even view the first property, my pre approved buyer referrals can save like this:

Click here: http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/09/gfb_1_000_000_purchase

Then see the below programs you can apply the above saving towards:

After reviewing these programs below, please email me at Steve@pro-option.com with the ones you'd like more info about:

1) 100% LTV- VA - pay off debt at closing on a purchases too!

2) 100% LTV- USDA - 12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too!

3) 99% LTV- FHA

4) 97% LTV- NEW- No PMI -No FHA 1.75% MIP Fee!

5) 95% LTV- NEW-No PMI!

6) 95% LTV- NEW-CONDO Loan

7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home

8) 90% LTV- New-Jumbo w/cc

9) 85% LTV- NEW- No PMI to Super Jumbo

10) 80% LTV- Rental Property

Stated Income Alt Loan programs

11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!

13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo

14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo

15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo

16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo

17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404
Marilyn Farb…, Agent, BOYNTON BEACH, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
AGE: Some communities require one owner be age 55 or older, some are all ages. Determine which you prefer.
SECURITY: Manned gate or non-manned gate
VIEW: Lake, golf or privacy hedge or garden?
GOLF: For non-equity country clubs see http://www.FloridaLuxuryCountryClubHomes.com
# Living Sq Ft, # bedrooms, # baths
POOL - yes or no?
CLUBHOUSE and what amenities do you want there (fitness? pool? meeting rooms? card rooms?)
AGE OF HOME: New? Historic? In between
STYLE OF HOME: Ranch, Mediterranean, Spanish Mission or other
# of FLOORS
BOAT DOCK WITH HOUSE?

There will be other important factors as well that will lead to finding you the "home of your dreams." Determine what is the highest HOA fee you will pay, realizing that HOA fees pay for clubhouses, pools, gates and other community expenses.

Let me work with you to find you the ideal home. Boca has it all.

Marilyn Jacobs
the "GO TO REALTOR" for southeast Florida
Jeffrey Ray & Associates, Palm Beach
561-302-3388
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
http://www.FLWaterfrontCondos.com
http://www.MarilynJacobs.com
, ,
Sat Jan 26, 2013
The first thing I would do is get Pre-Approved from a bank. This shows Sellers and Real Estate Agents that you are qualified to buy a home in the price range that you are looking in. It's also good to see whats reporting on your credit report, if there are any mistakes you have some time to fix and correct those errors by creditors. This is important since credit scores have a direct affect on mortgage rates. It's always good to have a game plan and speaking to someone like me will give you an edge as to how this process works and what can be done to make sure the loan process is a smooth one. Please call me anytime to go over loan programs and mortgage payments. Not all banks loan on high balance loans. For example if your looking to buy a single family home and are looking for a loan higher then $625,000, you will no be able to use the FNMA loan program. Please email or call me for more information.

Chris Miceli
NMLS# 22399
Mortgage Loan Officer
PNC Mortgage
Phone- (646)-623-2492
Email- Christopher.Miceli@PNCMortgage.com
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi Felix,

I have a great home that needs fixing up but the price is EXCELLENT. It's in a fantastic, gated, central community that you will LOVE. Zero membership/equity fees and low HOA monthly fee.

The price is right based on the repairs that are needed and it's a great investment, in my most professional opinion.

Keep in mind that most gated communities in Boca Raton are country clubs that demand high equity fees and have outrageous monthly maintenance fees, mandatory dining room minimums, building fund fees, etc.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton-Miami Beach, FL
561-716-4060
Sat Jan 19, 2013
=
As a Mortgage Broker, here’s how I’d go at this purchase, the same as I’m currently looking to buy a beach condo.I have my realtor partner in the front seat with my wife driving, looking at beach condos.

With multiple properties I bought in the boom, all underwater, I’m seeing how real estate is jumping back up in value and gotta get back on that equity train! But this time I’ll know when to get off this train in about 8 yrs from now!

Anyway, my realtor partner is going to share the real estate commission with us in the form of a REALTOR REBATE (Google: FLORIDA REALTOR REABTE) to pay my closing costs.

This ain’t rocket surgery! My realtor understands, THAT’S MY EQUITY, NOT HIS COMMISSION!

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
==
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi Felix,
Well you have gotten alot of answer's. I personally have just helped a client buy here in th Boca area that is in a gated community with no country club. If you decide you want me to help you to find your home I would love to assist you. Please feel free to call or contact me to ask me any questions you want.
Tank you for your time.
Jim Plotkin
REMAX COMPLETE SOLUTIONS
561-856-2880
http://WWW.JACOBPLOTKIN.REMAXAGENT.COM
House, Home Buyer, Florida State, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
First, set a price range, the features u prefer (golf, tennis, community pool, location, etc....) and of course, the area/location u prefer as boca is very large. We did that and then started looking on zillow, trulia, and realtor.com. When we had a good idea of what we wanted and needed we contacted an agent on one of the homes we liked. We actually spoke/met a few agents until we picked one as he was the one on the house we wanted. He wasn't great but he got the job done. Good luck in ur search!
marc jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
There are many gated communities in Boca Raton that do not involve membership fees.

It is only country clubs in Boca Raton, all of which are all gated, that may require upfront equity payments, along with yearly membership fees. Along with the membership fees, there will also be a home owner association (HOA) fee.

Any gated community in Boca Raton will all have mandatory HOA fees, even if it is not a country club, because someone has to pay for the upkeep of the gate and the common areas. But there a gated community that is just a residential subdivision will not have any kind of membership fee.

The place to begin is with a Boca Raton real estate agent. Talk with your agent about the size of the number of beds/baths, the minimum square footage of the Boca Raton home you require, whether you need to be east, west, central, amenities (2-3 car garage, pool/no pool, etc) and, most important, comfortable price range.

If you're paying cash, let your Boca Realtor know. If you will be using a mortgage to purchase your home in Boca Raton, the first step, even before talking to a real estate agent in Boca, is to contact a mortgage banker and obtain a mortgage prequalification letter.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com

To find homes in Boca Raton, go to:
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Dear Felix,

The absolute best thing you can do after deciding to purchase a home is interview at least three professional Realtors® and find one you know will have your best interest at heart. There are a couple things I will tell you and the first is to not sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie you up and ensure any transaction you make will only be through them. Find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet your expectations they will lose your business. 

Second, never call a listing agent about a home they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent you from working out the best deal. I certainly would be honored to be included on the list of agents you may choose to interview.

Any Realtors® first job is to sit down with you and thoroughly discuss your needs so they understand exactly what you are looking for in a home, what locations will work for you so and set you up on a game plan to succeed in finding you the perfect opportunity. Inventory levels are very low and finding homes is a much more difficult task than it was a few months ago. If you would like to further discuss your particular situation and put together a game plan to meet your goals please feel free to contact me at your convenience for a complimentary consolation.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Sherlie Jose…, , Palm Beach County, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Whenever you ready to go over your qualifications please contact me, I will need to set a meeting for about 15-20 minutes with. Please let me know if you are interested have a great weekend.
a, , Hideaway, TX
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Felix,

You've already begun, as you've came to the right place to get your questions answered. A couple of items are very important at the onset of your search. Outside of hiring a reliable real estate agent to help with your search, you should focus on determining your financial approach. If you itend to take out a mortgage for your new home purchase, the first thing most realtors (as well as homeowners) will look is a pre-qualification for a loan. If you happen to be a cash buyer, a proof of funds letter would be the equivalent. This helps out everyone invloved: it helps you understand your budget, it helps your realtor understand which homes to seek for you, and it shows owners (sellers) that are you're serious in your quest to find and buy a new home. Much of your journey should be guided through your realtor. Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions. Boca is one of my areas of speciality, I'd be glad to help.

Avraham Yeini
CENTURY 21 City Real Estate
4500 University Dr.
Coral Springs, FL 33065
E-mail: ayeini@gmail.com
http://ayeini.southfloridamls.com
Bill Hilton…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

I know hou busy you must be with your Boca Raton Home Search.

But if you have a moment, please send me a recap of your needs, price, bedroooms, etc, and I will find what you want. That is my job.

Bill Hilton , MBA
The Keyes Company
Boca Blue Lake
561-789-6846
BillHilton@Keyes.com
Audrey Viola, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
1 ....Get an Realtor.
2....Give the realtor all the information requested ..
a: how many bedrooms/bathrooms/garages
b: area you'd like to be in .( close to beach ,on a lake ,golf course,school, shopping ,tpk)
c: anthing that you specifically want ( granite ,stainless,low fees ,membership, etc
d: how much you want to spend .
3...look at some properties he/she has found for you .

I suggest Boca Pointe ..beautiful , low fees , not mandatory to join club , gated , all ages welcome , great school system , close to just about everything .
Sat Jan 19, 2013
-
First:
If you need a Mortgage loan, never before in history has it been more important to get Pre Approved in advance of contacting a realtor and shopping for a Florida property in the Meat Grinder called the South Florida real estate market!

Second:
There are thousands of Buyer’s Agents to choose from as it seems like everyone and their mother has a real estate license in South Florida with every single one claiming to know the most, and offer the best service.

Facts are, nobody truly knows realtors better than a Mortgage Broker! We know what realtor knows what, what realtor truly offers the best service, not just initial “Lip Service!” A Mortgage Broker knows who can be counted on when the deal gets tough and who will get down in the trenches for their buyer and who will go MIA at the first sign of having to put forth extra effort for their buyers.

As a Florida Mortgage Broker who has been in the business since the 90’s, through the highs and lows of this rollercoaster called the Florida Real Estate Market, who has extensive experience dealing with realtors all over Florida, I can't stress to you how important it is to shop realtors in advance. But as you’ll soon see, there are a lot of realtors in Florida who want your business, so shopping for that “Right One” can be overwhelming! There are literally thousands of realtors to choose from in FL, and most are good realtors who will do a decent job and get you a decent deal, but as a 2013 buyer you want an Extraordinarily Good Deal!

They say that approx. 68% of consumers end up working with the first or second buyer's agent they contact. Unfortunately, soon after many buyers feel they commitment to working with the wrong realtor, but feel obligated to work with that realtor throughout the buying process, all the while wishing they had shopped more realtors in advance to find that “RIGHT ONE.”

The best referral source to find the best realtor is asking a Mortgage Broker to refer you to the right realtor! But if not, here’s a quick 5 item test to help identify that “Right One.”

Find one who:
1. treats you as if you are buying a $5,000,000 property
2. is willing to disclose good credit and scores over 700 with no Foreclosures, BKs or Short Sales
3. has a smart phone so they can answer all your calls and emails quickly throughout
4. is a broker or buyer's agent who does not have to split the 3% commission points
5. is willing to offer Realtor Rebate to buyers willing to get Pre Approved in advance

Then, here’s a simple 2 step way to get your Best Overall Deal…

STEP ONE:
contact the realtors you think you like and listen to what they say they’ll do for you. Then ask them to refer you to their very best “Preferred” or “In-House” Lender. Listen to their best purchase strategy and ask for their best written quote on an estimated sales price, on a TBD (To Be Determined) property address.

STEP TWO:
contact me, I’ll present my best purchase strategy, show you what my realtor partners can do for you. Then compare to see which team offers the best purchase strategy and your best overall deal.

You’ll be shocked at the difference you’ll find with such little effort!

WHAT MY REALTOR PARTNERS CAN DO:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/09/gfb_250_000_purchase
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/08/please_shop_this…

WHAT I CAN DO:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/07/2012_loan_progra…

NOTE TO CONSUMERS: shop multiple Lenders and realtors for your Best Overall Deal!

Call me today, I actually answer and return phone calls.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
Julie Rosent…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi I would be glad to recommend homes in gated Boca communities with low HOA fees and no mandatory membership. Julie Rosenthal your go-to Boca Raton expert realtor (561)827-6789 julier6789@gmail.com property brokers international
Steven Weint…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
There are so many options based on your criteria such as price range, number of bedrooms, whether you want an all age community or a 55+ community. Best to contact a local Realtor to assist you in the process. Take a look at the Lang Realty website at http://www.langrealty.com. Call me and I'll be happy to work with you to find the perfect home.

Steve Weintraub
Lang Realty
561-350-8696
S.weintraub@langrealty.com
Travis Jacks…, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sat Jan 19, 2013
If you are looking to purchase in Boca you should get in touch with a local Realtor. I could refer you to an experienced Agent who specializes in the area. They will be able to provide you with valuable insight and guild you through the buying process. Send your contact info to Tjackson@c21mm.com

Travis Jackson
Century 21 M & M Associates
DRE# 01879566
Tjackson@c21mm.com
http://www.408RealEstate.com
Tracy Hoyt, Agent, Valrico, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Felix,

The first thing you should do is employ a Fantastic Agent to help you in your search. They will be qualified to guide you to the right neighborhoods that fit your needs and your budget.

You should also get your mortgage qualifications done. It is always smart to know what you can spend before you start looking.

I would be happy to help you find the right agent for your needs. We have an extensive network of Agents in all of FL and I would love to help.

Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message or email me at THOYT@prutropical.com

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty