I am looking to purchase a home in Clarksville, Tennessee. I am not a first time home buyer but do not have

Asked by Jeciwall28, Clarksville, TN Wed Apr 29, 2009

the monetary means to come up with a large down payment.
I purchased a home when I was 22 years old through FHA First Time Buyers program. In order to get out of my marriage, I gave up my home, car, and filed bankruptcy due to my ex-husband abandoning his shares of the bills. I was discharged in Feb. 2007. I have established a fairly decent credit line with my Scores ranging from 590-630.
What is the best routre to obtain help in purchasing another home with my past situation and also the time frame in which I should start the process of buying.

Answers

3
Terrence Ask…, , Brentwood, TN
Tue May 5, 2009

Here is a couple of questions that you will need to answer.

1. What type of bankruptcy did you have?
2. Do you still owe money on your previous home?
3. How soon are you looking to move?
4. What type of loan did you have on your previous home(i.e FHA Loan, VA Loan, Conventional)?

These are only a few of the questions that you will need to answer. This will let us know what you qualify for now or what we need to do to get you qualified for your new home.
Linda Hales, Agent, Clarksville, TN
Thu Apr 30, 2009
The first step would be to talk with a local lender here in Clarksville. I can recommend a couple of them that I've worked with for the past 12 years and they have very competitive rates. Both of these local lenders are awesome and have many different lending products that could possibly meet your needs. I have names and phone numbers of the ladies who you would need to speak directly with if you'd like. They can sometime even work with the City of Clarksville on their DownPayment Assistance program to get you the best situation. Even though you are not a true "first-time" home buyer, you may still qualifiy for the $8000.00 "First-time Home Buyer Credit" if you have not owned a home in the past 3 years, and if you are able to purchase before Dec 1, 2009. Either way, you need to go ahead and contact a lender right away so they can help you with getting your credit where it needs to be.

Then I can certainly help you in finding the "just right" home. Call me if you'd like to discuss further. It would be my pleasure to help you.

Thanks so much...and have a wonderful day!
Look forward to hearing from you,

Linda Hales
The Hales Team
(931) 320-2895 (Cell)
931-648-8500, ext. 6715 (office)
LindaHales@kw.com (email)
http://www.LindaHales.com (Website)
Web Reference:  http://www.LindaHales.com
Tim and Pam…, , Clarksville, TN
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Good evening. First I would suggest getting with a qualified Mortage Broker. Pam and I can certainly assist you with this.

Tim and Pam Cash
Crye-Leike Realtors
http://www.cashsofclarksville.com
931-338-1375 or 931-436-7617