I am looking to purchase a home in Burbank. Given the volatility of the mortgage market, I would like to get

Asked by Kathryn Kinsella, Burbank, CA Fri Jul 18, 2008

pre-approved. I would appreciate any advice/contacts for finding a lender in the area. Thank you.

Answers

7
Mario Villagran’s answer
Mario Villag…, , Burbank, CA
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Kathryn,
Congratulations! Burbank is a great place to live and in my opinion the market in Burbank has more upside potential. Back to your question, I recommend that you speak to your bank first. They seem to have more competitive rates as long as you have 20% down and the income to qualify. Of course there's always FHA financing which allows you to come in with as little as 3% down. If you do decide to speak to a mortgage broker make sure the agent has a real estate license and ask for a good faith estimate. Many of these mortgage brokers out there have agents working for them that are not licensed. Compare the fees because many times you're paying duplicate admin fees with a mortgage broker because they charge one and the lender that they place your loan with also charges one. If you receive a good faith estimate at least you can compare fees and interest rates. This allows you to see who is actually saving you money.
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed Jul 23, 2008
Hi Kathryn
Congratulations are your mission to purchase a home in Burbank
I do have a few suggestions:
First, I prepare a monthly market report for Burbank, and i would be happy to send it to you. It includes a 12 month trend of market activity and prices, so you'll know probably more than many agents about where the market is headed.
Second, we have an office in Burbank. I have lived in the area since 1988 and would be happy to discuss your needs and see if we can help you in any way, including a referral for obtaining the best rate and terms on finanicng.
keith@beautifulburbankhomes.com
818-230-8049
David Krecker, Landlord, Whittier, CA
Tue Jul 22, 2008
You now will have full access to look on your own for homes just like real estate agents and brokers. Just go to my website http://www.centuryside.com

or click on Click here to search ALL available properties

You can search for properties by just dragging and dropping different elements on the webpage and by interacting with the map. Every search that you make is returned instantly, and the matching results are displayed on that same page without reloading; essentially, there's just no need to wait. Each individual property, whether on the map or listed in the search results section, can be clicked on to instantly switch the program from the map tab to a full-featured property details tab. On it, you will find all of the information about that property as well as a contact form, a mortgage calculator, a birds-eye pictorial view of the property (when available), a mini-map, school and community information, and so much more.
Cutting Edge Interface
In fact, compared to others you will see the entire property search experience seamlessly onto a single page. While it is still a webpage in nature, it performs very much like a desktop application that is already loaded onto your computer. dsSearchAgent uses a multi-tab interface to allow visitors to quickly flip back and forth between the search panel and the results panel and the map panel and property details panel. This approach entirely eliminates the cumbersome multi-page search interface that all other IDX providers have.

A FREE BENEFIT BROUGHT TO YOU FROM................

David Krecker, BSBA, SRA, MRA
Centuryside Real Estate Inc.
David Krecker
Broker/Owner/State License Appraiser
Office 562-690-6987
Fax: 562-690-7337
Serving the areas of Orange County, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino, and Riverside.

Email: dave@centuryside.com
Website: http://www.centuryside.com
Web Reference:  http://www.centuryside.com
Luke Allison, , Asheville, NC
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Kathryn-
I am a retail loan officer with Flagstar Bank, a leading national mortgage bank. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and get you pre-approved for a mortgage. I can originate files in all 50 states so Califonia is not an option. Plus, on our retail side we offer products not available through our broker channels, such as combo 2nd mortgages up to $250,000 and FHA loans underwritten down to a 500 credit score (one of the lowest in the industry).
I enjoy working with customers and educting them on the loan process and I promise you that I will give you the best counsel I can, even if that leads you to another lender.
Please call me or email me if you have questions.
Luke Allison
Flagstar Bank
828-777-8828
Luke.Allison@flagstar.com
Dot Chance, Agent, Burbank, CA
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Hi, Kathryn:

My team lists and sales homes in Burbank, I live very nearby Magnolia Park and I can recommend a lender to you that can get you pre approval. She owns a home in Burbank as well so she knows the area.

Let me know if you need any more info about buying in Burbank or if you would like the lenders contact info.

All my best,
Dot Chance
The Chance Team
Web Reference:  http://www.DotChance.com
M.D.J, , Los Angeles, CA
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Kathryn,

Feel free to contact me to get the advice and lender pre-approval that you are seeking...Happy to help, hope to hear from you.

Good Luck
Marvin
Yona Bello, , Studio City, CA
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Hi Kathryn,

You are absolutely right about getting pre-approved for a loan b4 starting your home search. I have used Nancy Everett who isknowledgable, very dedicated to her clients and has a 'can do' attitude. Nancy can be reached directly at 818-424-5626.

I would also love to assist you in finding a home in Burbank. Please call me at your convenience at 818-487-4475. You can also search for homes in Burbank on my website: http://www.YonaBello.com
Web Reference:  http://www.YonaBello.com