I am looking to possibly sell my home in the Alum Rock area and relocate to a townhome or condo in a better area of Campbell or Willow Glen.

Asked by Barbara, San Jose, CA Tue May 22, 2012

No contact, just send listings.

Answers

14
Daniel Shi’s answer
Daniel Shi, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Hi Barbara,

You can easily search for townhouses or condos in Campbell (95008) and Willow Glen (95125) on our website: http://SoGoRealty.com

The site can help you in many ways: home valuation, online request showing, lots of good information on both selling and buying, mortgage information, contact directory for various contractors and home services, and more. Be sure to take advantage of these. Campbell and west San Jose is like my backyard, I can surely help :)

Daniel Shi
dshi@sogorealty.com
1.888.785.8818 ext.100
http://SoGoRealty.com
Quincy Virgi…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Barbara,
it's an interesting market that we are experiencing, inventory in all areas is very low, and that works good on one end of your plan, the selling side, and it can work a bit differently on the buying side...
I think you need to look at the entire strategy of selling and buying in one comprehensive plan, can you sell, and buy at the same time? should you sell first, then buy? are you in a position to buy first, move, then market your current house?
lot's of scenarios....
visit http://www.quincysellsrealestate.com there you can look at what is happening in the market where you live, and what's possible in the area you wish to move to....
Q
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi Barbara,
Have you gotten everything taken care of? Inventory was/is very low in all neighborhoods, back when you asked your question in May and continuing still. This means it was/is easy for you to sell, but hard for you to buy. You'll have to factor that into which order you want to pursue -- sell first then buy ... or buy first then sell.

Can you buy without selling? What I mean is, even if you WANT to sell, can you put together a purchase contract that doesn't REQUIRE you to sell? It would help you compete in multiple offer scenarios if your offer is clean and isn't contingent on the sale of your current property.

Btw, if you want to have two agents working for you for the price of one, Clarence (below) and I are in the same office and we two are probably the hardest working agents, meeting our clients any time 8pm, 9pm, 10pm no problem. We could simultaneously co-list your Alum Rock home for sale and have us both available to show you properties in Campbell and Willow Glen at your convenience.

Robert Lei
REALTOR, ePRO
Century 21 M&M and Associates
408-893-2410
CA DRE#01716389
Clarence Mad…, Agent, Saratoga, CA
Wed May 23, 2012
Hi Barbara,

As you think of making the next big real estate move make sure take the time to assess your personal situation and figure our what you are looking. When I work with my clients, besides knowing the basics (ie number of bedroom and bathrooms, etc), it helps to know why they are looking and why they need certain things in the a new home.

In regards to selling a home, find out what the agent would do to sell your home. That find out marketing and service package.

If you want a quick chat about the whole real estate process, please don't hesitate to call.

Clarence Madrilejos
REALTOR(r)
Century 21 M&M and Associates
408-366-6262
http://www.cmFinehomes.com
CA DRE#01806386
Norman Aless…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Wed May 23, 2012
Hi Barbara,
Just log onto my web page ( see below ) and put in the criteria you are looking for, then you will have a good idea of how the market in your target areas are doing. You can then take your time and sort out what is best for you.
At your service,
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Barbara,

Quincy stated it well.

If you want listings do you want what is going on in your current neighborhood? Such as active, pending and solids? I have a program which will give you that information. If can be helpful in determining what the range of properties are selling.

Respectively, I an do the same for your condo purchase. Both of these will give you an understanding of how quickly they are selling, what is selling, and for how much.

To expand on what Quincy stated, having a plan in place and positioning yourself will arm you with what you need when you are ready to move. I've found that people can make a bad decision based on the excitement and emotion of finding the perfect home. With proper planning you can gain confidence long before you are ready.

I'd be happy to meet with you, no pressure, I will listen to you and answer your questions and help to formulate a plan of action for you.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com
Monisha Bhat…, , Campbell, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Barbara

I am here to help. Please call me @408-813-4362 an i will assist you with your home,
Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Hello Barbara, I will be happy to email you some listings, however I need your email address. Please contact me at abwince@Comcast.net . Let me know what price range you would like to look at. Kind regards, ~Andrea
Nicole Ventu…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Barbara. I am in agreement with Quincy (below) in regards to fully looking at your strategy before making any decisions. The sale of your home in the Alum Rock area will most likely be quick due to low inventory, however the Condo/Town home market is even more competitive right now. You would not be able to buy contingent on the sale of your home because there are too many other Buyers who are non-contingent, with many of them having 50% or all cash. It is not to say that you can not sell and buy right now, but you may need sell first, close escrow and then buy, which means it will be a bit inconvenient for you (and your family if you have one). Some people that have to do this put most of their belongings in PODS onsite storage and then move into furnished housing for the short term. Just know that this cna get expensive so knowing some of the different areas and/or complexes that you want to live in would be helpful before you sell. I hope this helps.
-Nicole Ventura Wallace
Better Homes & Gardens Ventura Barnett Properties
nicole@nicoleventura.com
Stu Carson, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Barbara, There are many things to be considered.

Depending upon your age there may be a way to take your current tax basis with you. There are possible advantages to selling your home then only making offers when you can do so with the leverage of being non-contingent.

On the other hand, it may make more sense depending upon your situation to find your new home first.

There may be the possibility of renting your home short term or long term given rent may more than cover your monthly cost to own, but again that depends upon many variables we would need to discuss more like your interest in being a landlord, a lender's willingness to treat that rent as income, your other sources of income and over all reserves, etc...

Fundamentally you need to find a Realtor that is smart, trustworthy and has a reputation for putting the clients needs first, what I describe as being "caring". Love to get together and discuss over a cup of coffee. Call or email me. If you'd prefer I can send you a list of references before we invest your time getting together. Let me know.

Stu@StuCarson.com
408-209-0849
Eric and Jan…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Barbara,

Our team would look forward to meeting you to discuss the sale of your home and provide you with guidance and representation on your purchase as well. Our team is well versed in the San Jose/Campbell area. Feel free to Google us or YELP us to find out more about what our past clients are saying.

Eric & Janelle
408-373-1660
homes@boyenga.com
http://www.SiliconValleyRealEstate.com
mab1300, Other Pro, Closed, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Barbara,
It sounds like you need a Realtor. I serve all of Santa Clara County and would be happy to interview with you to see if we would work well together. You can go to my website at http://www.maboudreau.com to find out more about my services, or just give me a call at 408-701-7175. Good Luck to you.
Bill Mccord, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Barbara, If you're willing to provide an e-mail address it would be simple to set you up to be able to do your owns searches and modify parameters at will. At this stage that's probably all you need.
Bill McCord
(408) 314-5861.
Ed Bangle, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Barbara,
I live in Campbell and work here as well. Also, I've sold homes in Alum Rock.
You have great timing! Homes in Alum Rock are selling quickly and there are several homes in Campbell that don't have offers on them yet-with plenty more coming on every week.
Would like you to set a time to see what your home is worth and develop a gameplan for purchasing your new home? Please call me so we can make an appointment and discuss!