I am looking to move to Denver. My husband and I will be working downtown. How easy of a commute is it? Is there a rail system near by?

Asked by brooke, 80004 Wed Nov 6, 2013

Answers

11
Robert and J…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Fri May 2, 2014
The Denver area is fortunate to have an expanding light rail system. There are two completed lines extending from downtown into the southern suburbs and one completed line extending into the western suburbs. A line is under contruction that will take passengers through northeast Denver and out to Denver International Airport (DIA). Another line under contruction will create a shortcut from the southern suburbs to the DIA that bypasses downtown entirely. On the books, but not yet started, are lines that will extend into the north and northwest suburbs.
"Pete"olean…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Brooke,

Yes, there is a rail system near by. This can make the commute to downtown very easy.
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Sat Nov 9, 2013
Hi Brooke,

We do have extensive light rail systems in place in Denver. There are many communities in that have these systems filtering into Downtown. There are also many other communities that have buses and other publick transportation that are convenient to commute to downtown. Depending on your tastes and lifestyle and price range you should have many good options.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Linda L Ogden, Agent, Centennial, CO
Thu Nov 7, 2013
There is a light rail system that goes from south, southeast, and west suburbs. There is bus service in the metro area. New light rail is being put in from the airport to downtown. Lots of options.
Mike Hixon, , Denver, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Hi Brooke,
It all depends on your proximity to the downtown area and the time of day you're going to be on your commute. From about 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., it's a pretty tough commute. The north/south interchange, I-25, gets pretty full between that time frame. There are several nice communities close to the LoDo (it's referred to as Lower Downtown) area, so if your selection was in one of those areas, your commute would be pretty easy, around 15 to 20 minutes, worst case scenario, depending on traffic and weather conditions. If you take a look at the Denver metro area and let me know what area(s) you're considering, I'll be able to give you a more definitive estimate. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience.

Mike Hixon
303-349-5000 - Mobile
Wisdom Real…, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
This is directly from RTD's FasTracks website:

The Gold Line is an 11.2-mile electric commuter rail transit line that will connect Denver Union Station to Wheat Ridge, passing through northwest Denver, Adams County and Arvada. It is part of the Eagle P3 Project. The Gold Line has eight stations: Denver Union Station, 41st/Fox, Pecos, Federal, Sheridan, Olde Town Arvada, Arvada Ridge and Ward Road. It is scheduled to open to the public in 2016.

Once you get to union station downtown, you can also take the 16th st mall free shuttle if you work on the east side of downtown.

Most economic predictors say that property values along any existing or upcoming rail line will increase.
Blair Bryant, Agent, Centennial, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Brooke,

The main public transportation in Denver is the Light Rail system (http://www.rtd-denver.com/lightrail.shtml) Currently the Light Rail covers the south suburbs (Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Centennial, Aurora) and west suburbs (Federal, Lakewood, Golden). Within the city there is also a fairly extensive bus system. The commute to and from downtown can be congested during peak hours and the light rail is great alternative. There are plans for expansion north and east to the airport with the light rail.
John Bivins, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Hi Brooke! We live in a great metro area! Easy commutes, depeding on your location. Are you looking at 80004, which is the Arvada community?

John Bivins
Premier Property Brokers
303-669-4794
Greg Livings…, Agent, Aurora, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Hi Brooke, The downtown area is an easy commute compared to other metro areas. We have a fantastic light rail system that is still growing. There are some wonderful communities for with great walking scores. Littleton is a great city, both mature and close to the mountains. Centennial is our newest city and offers some really great neighborhoods. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or if I assist you in anyway.

Greg Livingston
303-915-4172
Greg@GregLivingston.com
http://www.GregLivingston.com
Web Reference:  http://GregLivingston.com
Thomas Reed, Agent, Littleton, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Depends on where you are living on how the commute is and where you came from. Coming from a larger city like Chicago, New York or L.A. the commutes here are fantastic. It takes around 40 minutes to get from one side of the city to the complete other side. So from Centennial to downtown Denver would be under 30 minutes. There are many routes to take if there is construction, or accidents that can move you around. There is a light rail system that goes into downtown from the south side of town the I-25 corridor or south east area. The light rail system here is the most used system per capita in the country. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help finding temporary housing or buying a home in the area. Tom Reed 303-933-3333
Nezar S Awei…, , Centennial, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Yes there is a rail system however getting to downtown easy will depend on where you live in Denver? The rail system runs mostly north and south on I-25.
Web Reference:  http://Www.Nezaraweida.com