Jmanzoor, Home Buyer in 75019

I am looking to invest/purchase a condo in SFO. My price limit is $300k.

Asked by Jmanzoor, 75019 Mon Feb 2, 2009

I am looking to hold this investment for long term with appreciation and decent rental returns on the way. Any agents out here from SFO, please email: jmanzoor@yahoo.com

Answers

4
Arn Cenedella, Agent, Greenville, SC
Wed Feb 4, 2009
There are some new studio condo (400sf) in the City for under $300,000.
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Good Morning,

While there are some places available in the city in this price range, I think you'll find that you can get something much more liveable if you go outside of it, and it shouldn't be hard to find something close to a BART station to make an easy commute for work or fun. Our company belongs to all Bay Area boards and we do business in all Bay Area counties so we can get you listings in any area. We're happy to help you in your search, and you can also use our website to search any kind of property in any Bay Area county. You can look in several counties at once to get a feel for what's out there, and all MLS listings are there, not just ours.

Lance R King/Managing Broker
415.722.5549 Cell
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
Sally Rosenm…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Dear J,

I would look outside of San Francisco. You will not get anything decent in San Francisco at $300,000.

Sally
Web Reference:  http://www.sallyrosenman.com
Jason Chapin, , San Francisco, CA
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Hi J,

While it's tough to buy in SF for this price threshold, it's certainly possible. As an investment, I would steer you toward studios in better neighborhoods with better finishes. There are a few possibilities in this category available in the city right now.

There are one-bedroom and two-bedroom spaces available in this price range, but they will be in less desirable neighborhoods and/or they'll be in rough shape.

Another option would be the East Bay... There are several options that come to mind - both new developments and resales. Within your $300,000 price range, there is at least one development offering over 1,000 square feet, two bedrooms and views.

I would love to discuss these ideas with you in greater detail. My leasing partner can furnish rental rates.

Take care and good luck!

Jason Chapin
Urban Bay Properties, a division of McGuire Real Estate
415-420-1143
jchapin@ubayp.com