I am looking to invest in a Townhouse next year, how did the rentals go this season?

Asked by Skibum, 12496 Sat Feb 12, 2011

Answers

4
Maria_ilarra…, Home Seller, Windham, NY
Sun Oct 13, 2013
The rental of my place at the Quads has always seen activity - some years it's weekends & holiday weeks; some years I've had seasonal rentals (summer & winter). Last year I had a seasonal & the same family has already rented for this ski season.
My place is for sale - you can contact Mary Gallagher @ Gallagher R.E.
Todamoon, Home Seller, Windham, NY
Thu Apr 18, 2013
I have a 2 bedroom at the enclave for sale listed at brainard ridge.
Paul Hennessy, Agent, Windham, NY
Sat Feb 12, 2011
Hey ski bum
Rentals were better this year than last. We found that seasonal bookings were up but prices needed to be discounted. Like all real estate markets Windham has seen a decline in sales and prices in the last few years.Like Warren Buffet preaches "buy when they panic and sell into strength" I feel that is a good starting point, with low interest rates to consider negotiating on a townhouse.
Cathy Hennessy
Web Reference:  http://www.mywindham.com
Lisa Jaeger, Agent, Windham, NY
Sat Feb 12, 2011
Hi Skibum...... With the economy recovering, fellow skiers have returned to their sport of choice. We have seen an increase in rentals this season over last year. Demand is up for homes and condos on or near the mountain for the entire ski season as well as holiday rental periods. We are having a very good winter, snow has been great and the conditions A-one!. High end sales are up, buyer activity is on the increase, this is all positive momentum, I see this as a sign of good things to come, our local market is gaining traction. I specialize in the Windham area, I live here, ski here and know the area like the back of my hand, would love to show you some great listings- call me 518 755 2573 cell Lisa Jaeger Associate Broker Coldwell Banker
We have some great prices on Condos and Townhomes...the snow fall this past month is bringing skiers up in droves and getting psyched for next season and also for sales. Being a four seasons community, rentals are also good for the golfers, hikers, and year round
Flag Sat Feb 22, 2014