I am looking to buy property in Astoria, or Long Island City to rent out. My budget is 1 to 2 million, and I

Asked by Jenna Pratt, 10007 Thu Oct 2, 2008

prefer something close to Manhattan and close to subways.

Answers

5
Tony Lara, , New York, NY
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Astoria, L.I.C is a cool area,up and coming, filled with plenty of cultures, galleries, cafes..etc... If you're paying cash I suggest instead of one propert to consider perhaps two propeties and if the numbers work, a third that can be a studio. You can purchase a kick ass luxury apartment for that price but there's other choices. Best of luck, I'd be honored to assit and if you have any questions regarding your real estate needs feel free to reach out.

Tony Lara
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg Realty
127 East 56th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 688-1000 x 435 (tel)
Stephen Maha…, , Valley Stream, NY
Thu Dec 4, 2008
With that kind of budget you may have a few options available Jenna. You can contact me at smahabir@hillcourtrealty if you could use my assistance.
Either way best of luck
Alen Moshkov…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Oct 11, 2008
Hi Jenna.

Thats a big jump from 1 to 2 million dollars. What type of property are you looking for, a 2 or a 3 bedroom, a nice penthouse? Do you simply want this to be an investment property or would you want it to be something that you can call hom in the next few years?
More specifics would really help here. I'm not very farmiliar with Astoria, but we have an office there if it came to that. Regarding L.I.C., in my opinion it's a better investment to make. Somewhere around WaterFront would be an ideal location, you have amazing views of the city and you are about 7 minutes away from Midtown by train. Many people who are priced out of Manhattan go across the water to L.I.C. It has hugely improved over the years with amenities and quality of life. It's attractive, you are not only minutes away from the city, but you are also right near Williamsburg so you are pretty much getting best of both worlds.

I would love to help you as best as I could and before you start looking for a property it would be a great idea to re-qualify your self if you haven't already done that recently. A month ago when someone said I can afford $2 Mil is probably not the case today. Qualifying your self is extremely important. If you don't already have a great mortgage broker I can give you my guy and also a name that my colleagues use. I work for Prudential Douglas Ellimand and we have our own mortgage firm " Preferred Empire Mortgage" advantage of having our own mortgage brokers is huge for you. They work closely with us to get our clients the best rates and plans that are out there and we never have to chase them down to know where we stand or get answers, it's almost instant.

Give me a call Jenna or shoot me an email with your contact and we can take it from there.

Best Regards
~Alen
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Thu Oct 2, 2008
My husband and I are about to put our 2-Family home on the market. Please contact me offline: Gail@Gailgladstone.com.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Paul Macapag…, Agent, NY, NY
Thu Oct 2, 2008
Hello Jenna,

I have sold and rented lots of luxury condo's in the Long Island CIty area. Pleaese contact me and I could send you listings that are within your search criteria. I am actually going to be in that area tonight showing listings ar Arris Lofts. You can reach me at pmacapagal@elliman.com or you could call me direct at 917 612 2746....

I hope to hear from you soon

Paul Macapagal
Prudential Douglas Elliman
Web Reference:  http://www.elliman.com/pcm